Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
HIExpress.com
US$109
US$98
Orbitz.com
All reviewsrichmond airportgreat hotelroom was cleanexercise roomthe shuttle driverwould definitely stay here againindoor poolnice stayenjoyed my staycomplimentary breakfastother hotelsfitness centerrental carfront desk staffwafflesan early morning flightnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We only stayed the one night and arrived late after a long trip from Australia. The hotel was easy to find a couple of minutes from the airport. We received a warm welcome and quick check in and there was plenty of parking close to the room. The room was clean and comfortable and was very quiet. The complimentary breakfast was good and we left feeling very refreshed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

I am so glad you stayed with us overnight and had a great stay. We appreciate your great review. We are so convenient to the airport and the shuttle service is a wonderful bonus!! I can only imagine what a wonderful time you had in Australia, someday I am hoping to travel there.
Take care
Tonya Hopkins, GM

Reviewed 10 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and I want to dispel any concerns anyone may have that would like to stay at this hotel. For hotel staff and management to take ownership of an issue (which were the bed bugs in this particular case) is absolutely unheard of in today's times. I have never had an issue with cleanliness or guest satisfaction here and my daughter and I travel all the time. Bed bugs are brought into a hotel by someone and until it is brought to the attention of the hotel there is a risk of a guest unfortunately finding them before the hotel staff. The staff and management here genuinely care about each and every guest and will take whatever measurement necessary to ensure a guest is satisfied should something not be as expected. The staff has always gone above and beyond to welcome and take care of my daughter and I even to the point that they remember our names even if it’s been a month or so since they have last seen us. Finally the property is beautiful and has all of the amenities you would expect of a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Summergirl0909

You are so kind and we love having you stay with us. That's how we want everyone one of our guests to feel. I will share this with the entire staff!!!! Happy Holidays and we hope to see you over christmas here at your home away from home : -)

Reviewed 21 September 2011

We pre-booked the hotel in early August on an excellent non-refundable rate - $72 per night including tax, and chose this hotel after reading the Tripadvisor reviews. We were comfortable with all aspects of the hotel, but on the journey from Raleigh to Richmond, we had a shock when we went into Tripadvisor to get final directions.

The latest posting from Tom M read “Nice facility until the bed bugs started biting.” Disaster from our point of view as before booking any hotels for our trip, we had extensively looked at all the reviews and checked an online bedbug registry. We thought about cancelling though we would have lost our payment, but it was really too late to start looking for another hotel so we decided to check-in and see how it went. We were spooked ! We were more concerned because the reviewer stated the management acknowledged they had a problem, but they had not made any reply on Tripadvisor to say what action they had taken.

The hotel was full, as there was a very large wedding party booked in for that evening and we were first given room #100 on the ground floor. We are not normally fussy about our room but we turned it down because it was right behind reception, opposite the staff break room and near the pool - too busy. They immediately gave us another room #509 and we went up to check it out before bringing our luggage into the hotel. This room was at the end of a corridor on the 5th floor and as we entered, the noise from the A/C unit next door was so loud, we even forgot about the bedbugs. We could not ignore the noise and it was made worse by the adjoining wall actually vibrating! Back to reception and we were given a very nice (quiet) room on the 4th floor #422.

Room - The layout of the room was different to the usual. The bed was against the bathroom wall facing the window and giving a more spacious impression. New flat screen TV, desk, fridge, microwave, very modern soft furnishings and the only thing missing was a luggage stand and a safe. We did check the room - mattress, pillows, quilt, skirtings, pictures and bed head but no signs of bugs and we had a very comfortable night.

Bathroom - very modern with a walk-in shower rather than the usual tub. Clean and well stocked with toiletries and towels.

Breakfast - included in the rate. Consisted of the usual tea/coffee/ juice, fruit, yoghurt, cereals, pastries, bagels but only 2 hot choices - eggs, potatoes. The area was kept fully stocked and the staff were friendly.

Internet - Free wireless and we had no problems accessing it in the room.

Free Parking - shared with the adjacent hotels, no problem finding a space near the hotel.

Airport Shuttle - free but we didn't use it so can't comment on service.

Shopping - only 5 minutes from the White Oak Village - variety of shops and restaurants including Longhorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Red Lobster and more.

Negatives - no in-room safe, which should be standard these days especailly in new hotels. Did not clean our room on the 2nd day of our stay, so went down to reception but there was no one there as the receptionist was alone and had to deal with everything. We did get the towels in the end, but had to wait for 5 minutes before anyone turned up. Despite the noise from the corridor A/C units, the corridors were very hot and the blasts of air whistled through the gaps in the room doors.

Despite our initial concerns after checking out the room, we had a very comfortable stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the end of the corridors beside noisy A/C units
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KuwaitGlobetrotters

I enoyed your detailed review and thank you for your honestly. I am glad you gave us a try despite your hesitation. You are so right I should have been responding to reviews and posts for a while now. I am now committed and see how important it is. Thanks again for staying with us and hope you come back and visit soon

Reviewed 16 September 2011

This Hampton is at the end of a row of hotels that are very close to the airport. It, along with the properties that are co-managed are going to be the best value in terms of being only a few minutes away from the terminal.

This property had the newer-design of Hamptons, with layout that had the bed perpendicular, facing the window (I like that) and LCD tvs. It also had a fridge/microwave.

Cleanliness is what knocked 2 stars off of this property. The shower had not been cleaned from a previous guest; there was hair on the walls and the drain. The toilet was also plugged and would not flush. They were a bit slow to respond to my requests to have my room cleaned. I'm normally a bit more lenient about not nitpicking about crumbs or wrinkles, but the hair in the tub was a bit disappointing.

They did have a shared shuttle, so add in 10 minutes of buffer time for the airport.

A nice plus was that they would shuttle you to area restaurants and it was prompt and the drivers were friendly.

I might have to pass on this one next time. In conjunction with the other reviewers who noticed cleanliness issues, I think they need to retrain or refresh their cleaning staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I take these reviews very seriously. I am stunned to find that your room cleanliness did not meet your expectations. I have already taken steps in our housekeeping department to ensure that this does not happen again. We pride ourselves in providing a clean room and great customer service. I would love to have the chance to make it right the next time your in Richmond. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was happily surprised at this very clean and modern Hampton Inn. From the quick shuttle service from the airport, to the spacious and modern lobby/breakfast area, to the fwell equipped and super clean fitness area. My room was spacious, and very, very clean. The bathroom was spotless, contained all the ameneties. The bed-mattress was firm and extremely comfortable. The folks running the breakfast area were very friendly and most helpful. If you need a hotel near the Richmond airport, don't hesitate to consider this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: The third floor seemed very quite
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about our hotel. I am so happy that you found the cleanliness of your room to be above average. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure that our rooms are spotless, they will love to hear their efforts are paying off. I am glad you were impressed with our customer service and hotel, I look forward to you visiting us again.

We appreciate your business,