All reviews full kitchen evening reception one bedroom suite mexican restaurant basketball court parking lot kings dominion hot tub great place to stay would stay here again rooms were very clean staff was very friendly indoor pool complimentary breakfast yogurt richmond airport business trip
Reviewed July 17, 2016

I very rarely comment but I always use Trip Advisor as a reference point. Initial Trip Advisor reviews of this property had me question why my organization would even suggest such a place but for the rate and the offerings (breakfast and light dinner fare) I guess they thought it was a reasonable deal. The rooms are very spacious, outdated carpet, outdated furniture and average hotel mattress. If you are limited ion transportation there is a hotel shuttle which will take you around. Driver was great, along with hotel staff which is the only reason I actually stayed. The first day I saw the laundry room which was utterly filthy I figured since it was a weekend, housekeeping would clean it the next day, after my 8 day stay it was still filthy, hadn't been touched. The stairwell had dead roaches ( obviously noticeable) and a bojangle restaurant cup left in the same place for 8 days. There were other small bugs lying on the hallway floor which had not been vacuumed for the 8 day duration of my stay. I would recommend the Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, or Hilton Garden inn directly across the street all are new, modern and worth whatever few more bucks you may have to stay. I've never stayed at a motel but from what I've seen passing by them and just common knowledge this property would be in the category.

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Thank you for your business and feedback, I assure you that we will look into the issues that you brought to our attention.

Reviewed July 13, 2016

Staff was great. Booked two rooms, one wasn't cleaned yet. Had smoking on my hall as well as loud music after midnight. Had my 7 week old baby and my 9 week old niece and had to take the elevator to get from one end of the hall to the next to avoid the smoke. Housekeeping half made the beds and didn't take out the trash in the kitchen. At the end of the day, the staff was very friendly, but my experience was horrible.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this this with staff. Thank you

Reviewed July 11, 2016

I definitely think that the room I was in was great! The room was very clean, spacious and the furniture was nice. The staff was also very courteous and professional! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for the great feedback and business! We look forward to seeing you again .

Reviewed July 11, 2016

Filthy experience.. Not held to a normal Hilton standard!! There were ants in the room and the staff was not willing to help because it was 8PM. They hot tub had such dirty water in it that it was like syrup not water!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 106tracir

Thank you for your review and feedback. We have looked into the issues you brought to our attention and corrected accordingly. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed July 11, 2016

This place smells like stale mildew and the rooms are falling apart. And yes, the same standard gross free breakfast except served cold. i will not be staying here again. Hilton won't have there name on this one much longer.

1  Thank Kevin Shepherd S

Thank you for your feedback and business.