New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 2 Sandston B&B and Inns
Ashland, Kentucky
“DISHONEST ESTABLISHMENT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

Beware when they offer to take you to airport to deliver your rental car-while you are there the other employees are in your room ramsacking your personal items. We were exhausted from our trip and not thinking real clear. We left a gift card in our room, when we got home it was gone. We had our sales slip adn were able to trace it. It was bought in Kentucky where we live. It was used at a Christopher Banks store in Richmond at a mall we had never been to. The description of the male working at the front desk matched the description of the male with a small child that used our card at the Christopher Banks store. The Red Roof Inn, Christopher Banks or police would do anything. They set you up. They make everything so convenient so they can steal from you. BEWARE-IT RUINED MY CHRISTMAS AS I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THE GIFT CARD ANDHAD NOTHING TO GIVE IN ITS PLACE. What a shame to not only steal but then use it with an inncoent chilD at your side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BRAM32
Red_Roof_Sandston, Manager at Sandston Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
I appreciate your response and I apologize for the incident that occurred during your stay. We recently changed ownership in November 2010. At this property we strive to maintain a good rapport with our guests. I sincerely apologize that this occurred during your stay. We work hard to ensure that these occurrences do not happen at this property. Each guest’s information is kept confidential to ensure that these types of occurrences do not take place. If you find yourself back in the Sandston area please stop by the property to view our changes. We would love to retain you as one of our guests, give us a chance to make this right. I ensure you that we will change your perception of this property and also offer you the exceptional service that you did not receive in the past. Thank you and I hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

The clerk at the desk was very had to talk to, due to the fact he didn't speak English very well. I'm pretty sure English is the primary language in VA. If you want ice, you better bring your own. Not a single ice machine work. The pool looks like it has not been cleaned all summer. I've swam in lake water that was cleaner. Over all, this hotel sucks. Never again for me or my family. Spend the extra $20 or $30 and stay away from here.

• Stayed December 2009
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Sandston hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

My daughter is currently staying at this hotel with a large group and it is INFESTED with bed bugs. The staff knew about this before the group got there and is not doing anything about it and is not concerned. Because they are a large group there is not another hotel for them to move to.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank school4mom
No Where
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

We had called 2 months in advance to confirm and reserve rooms. I was on the phone with the lady a good 15 minutes or so verifying the date, how many people and how many rooms. She confirmed 3 rooms reserved, all rooms would be together and told me they would provide transportation to the Richmond International Speedway on the day of the race. She also confirmed the amount for each room, $49.99. I was amazed at the price so I asked again and again she stated $49.99 per room. She took my credit card info. and stated that I would not pay up front but when we checked out. WRONG!!! We got to the hotel at check-in, they had us down for 1 room and only 3 people. Then they stated at that time they could not give us 3 rooms together and the price now became $91.00 per room, paid in full, up front. I told the manager I was stated a price of $49.99, he said that was only on week days. By then we were pretty irrate. I asked about transportation to the race, he said a shuttle would come by every 30 minutes and the fee was $10-$15 per trip. Not being able at the last minute to get another room, we stayed. The rooms were not very clean, we had 4 people in one room and only 2 towels, no shampoo and one of the three rooms, (which were not together) the airconditioning didn't work. There was no breakfast only a run down coffee maker in the lobby. I do not recommend anyone staying at this hotel. They are very dishonest and misleading. They tell you what you want to hear to get you there and then once your there, your stuck.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnieNoWhere
VA Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

I made a reservation based on the the "airline" shuttle. I called and asked if the shuttle could take me to the airport in the morning in time for my flight. I was told yes. When I checked in, I was informed that the shuttle didn't run that early in the morning. I didn't check in and told them I would be going to another hotel and wasn't informed I needed a cancellation number. They charged me for the room! Save your money, time and frustration go to the Comfort Inn right down the street much better staff, cleaner hotel and free breakfast!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Wolfvixen
Franklin va
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

Had reservation for two days.Checked in in timely manner.Once in the room, discovered:
1.No trash cans
2.T.V. Remote inoperable
3.No phone in room
4.After showering following morning, discovered dark stains on bath towel.
Went to front desk to check out prematurely, registration person said he would give discount to rate.Advised him not to debit credit card and accept cash.He gave some flimsy excuse as to why he could not remove from computer.Took him 30 minutes to process receipt.After leaving and taking time to examine computer receipt, discovered two debits to my card, in lieu of one.Notified MC to dispute charge.
Registered complaint with Red Roof Inn Customer Service. DO NOT frequest this location !!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Central Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed less than an hour after discovering multiple electrical hazards. Shortly after checking in, I tried to find an electrical outlet. The outlet beside the bed was loose, and only one plug actually worked. The next convenient outlet was behind one of the beds just below the headboard, where the clock radio was plugged in. When I reached down to plug in my item, fire shot out of the outlet and the circuit breaker tripped, turning out the lights. After the front desk turned the lights back on, I discovered the outlet was broken and the clock radio plug had touched bare metal. (It seems the box spring, over time, had been shoved up against the plug, breaking the plastic outlet.)
After the front desk got us another room, I inspected the outlets in the new room. The situation was worse, and even more dangerous! The bedside outlet, like the other room, was loose and didn't work. The outlet below the headboard had NO faceplate, the outlets stuck out about 3/4", and the metal contacts on the side were covered by tape!
That was all we needed--we immediately checked out and found another hotel down the street.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
1.0 km away
0.2 km away
Courtyard Richmond Airport
2.1 km away
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport

Been to Sandston Inn? Share your experiences!