All reviews happy hour snacks wonderful weekend stayed nights paige hosts yorktown chesapeake mattresses
Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

This was the most enjoyable experience I have ever had at a bed & breakfast. First off, location. It is right on the bay so the views and the sunrises were heavenly. Second, my room. Beautiful and comfortable with a direct view of the bay and sunrises from a large window. Beautiful roomy private bathroom - new and up to date (I have been to many B&Bs where that is one of the biggest drawbacks) chocolates, water, nice lotions and bath salts. The room was immaculate, cozy and furnished and decorated beautifully. Third: the breakfasts were different each day, LARGE and not what you would expect. Original dishes like his own twist on eggs Benedict and German potato cakes. And each breakfast came with a hand prepared desert. I never needed lunch while I was there. They also offer wine in the evenings. And fourth: and probably the best feature were the host/owners. They treated me like a royal honored guest. I felt like I was visiting dear friends. Wonderful conversations in the mornings over breakfast and in the evenings. I felt sad to leave and even though I live over 3000 miles away I will try very very very hard to return.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Passenger256123
Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

The breakfast was amazing, they were even able to accommodate gluten free and vegetarian diets :). The wedding was fantastic, such a lovely spot to get married and they were so helpful to work with! The wedding turned out fantastic and our stay was great! Thank you both again so much! They do have dogs on the grounds, both very sweet, but just for anyone that doesn't like dogs to be aware of.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dana B
Reviewed August 30, 2015

We just spent two nights at Bay Tree Manor and felt like we met long lost friends we didn't know we had! Paige and Mark are a delight and truly go out of their way to make you feel like welcome friends and well cared for guests at the same time - no small feat.

We stayed in the Roosevelt Suite, which was lovely and quite large with a comfortable king bed. There's a separate room we didn't even use that houses the queen bed. Special treats abound, including an unexpected yummy appetizer when we arrived and fabulous breakfasts each morning.

Seaford is close to Yorktown and Newport News so you can spend your day sight seeing, easily come back to wash up, then go out to dinner and return to stay the night with your gracious hosts.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SusanWNaptown
Reviewed July 25, 2015

Stayed at Bay Tree Manor over the 4th of July weekend and had a wonderful time! Mark and Paige were outstanding hosts and the breakfasts were big enough that we didn't need lunch! We have a nice mattress at home and are often disappointed when we stay away, but the mattress here was very comfortable. The view is amazing, the pool is really nice, and the location is great for exploring the historical sites nearby. I highly, highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jayne S
Reviewed June 14, 2015 via mobile

I can't say enough about this wonderful place. Mark and Paige have created a gem. I can't wait to come back!

The history. The hard work that has gone into this place, you can't deny that it is one of the best Bed and Breakfasts in the area. Long before we checked in, our hosts were in contact asking when we would arrive so that they could be there to welcome us into their home. And when we did, we were treated as family staying the weekend.

Writing reviews, I am hesitant to write too many good things because I don't want to have to risk having problems getting a reservation! But....this place is amazing. I can't thank Mark and Paige enough for making our weekend that much better!

We will definitely be back!

Thank you Mark and Paige for welcoming us and taking such good care of us!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple