“Nice hotel for a very good price”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 18 November 2017

We stayed for two nights in November 2017. Our room was spacious, quiet, and clean. It included a mini fridge and microwave, which was important to me. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was much better than the standard fare offered by many hotel chains, and the staff even set it up a little early so that athletes travelling to a local sporting event could eat before heading out. I would definitely stay again and recommend to others. Be aware that the hotel is two floors and there is no elevator.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Pratik P, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn, Stafford, VA. I am pleased you had a pleasant stay and my staff was very helpful in accommodating the group. It is our intent to ensure your stay is as much like home as possible. Thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I came last second with my family into town and needed a place to stay for over a week. They accododated us and our pets without hesitation and even gave us a great deal! They were professional and polite the entire stay!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you had a pleasant stay. I am happy my staff was polite and professional in their interaction with you and other guests. We are looking forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Room was clean and amenities provided. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast offered a variety of foods and was supplied as needed. There was some concern with outside doors at end of hall being unlocked. Overall this was a pleasant experience and a place I would stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I have been with my family at red roof and had wonderful stay. Clean rooms nice front desk staff. I love the area have lots of choice to lunch and dinner with kids. The staff was convenient and helpful which area.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I took my family to stay for a day in this hotel and it was very clean and employees very nice!!! The area is nice and far from the cluttered and busy streets. Very nice lady at the front desk very nice.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

When we checked in, we were with a group of people. The other two families checked out and ended up staying at a neighboring hotel. We stayed and toughed it out because we didn't want to move our stuff again, but were not happy with the accommodations. Our beds and the beds in our friend's room next door looked as if they had been made without changing the sheets. Hers were considerably more dirty than ours. But ours had hair and dirt both. We did request that they be changed while we went out to dinner, and they were better when we returned. Also, the water pressure and toilet flushing was poor. And the odor in the room seemed to be a mix between must and chemical smell. I ran my diffuser at night, but it just took the edge off. I overheard an employee telling a guest that the hotel was under new and improved ownership, but it seems like they still have some things to improve upon. Also, the photos shown online are deceiving, as they show carpeted rooms. In actuality, they are laminate, which is fine - just not what is shown.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my family and can honestly say I will never again. We checked in to the room and the front desk lady was very sweet and remembered me from our phone conversation earlier in the day. When we got to the room it smelled like a gym locker room and the toilet was dirty as well. The tv had spotty reception, but this was to be expected considering there was a small storm and satellites are not good in storms. And the lady at the desk did warn me of the tv but then said the internet was excellent, and that made up for it. Everything else that night was good. When we got up in the morning to go to breakfast I was not greeted by the breakfast attendant who was instead sitting on her phone texting the whole time. And when I went to get a cup of coffee, I had to move a trash can out of the way on the counter so that I could access the coffee. All the while the breakfast attendant stayed on her phone. My check out process was short and not sweet because when I asked for a receipt the front desk clerk got snippy. And just when I thought that all that was behind me, I am out and about ON VACATION I add, check my bank account, and low and behold the hotel charged my card 3x the amount of what my stay was. When I called to ask them why I had these charges the front desk lady made it seem like she had no way of knowing and that I would have to speak to the manager. Calling corporate first thing in the morning, because as a hotel employee myself, I am appalled at what transpired.

Honestly, even though all that happened, if it wasn't for them messing with my money, this review never would have been posted, but considering the fact that they don't even care for their guests enough to call them to warn them about charges, I figured I would warn others so this won't happen to someone else.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family