All reviews waffle house free popcorn homemade biscuits room was clean front desk staff waffles no reservation the entire staff parking lot new jersey off the highway bed and pillows an older hotel hard boiled eggs hot breakfast sausage gravy the breakfast area
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here one night while covering a co-worker's area. I called ahead to find about big truck parking (which I must have). Newt (really nice guy) said I could park if there weren't too many cars in the lot. When I arrived, however, the lot was pretty full, but I was able to park on a side road. Nice lobby. The room was not bad, very clean. Comfortable bed. Nice shower. Breakfast was typical bland comfort inn. I would stay here again.

Room tip: There is a Waffle House in the parking lot.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the reviews I had read here and that I had stayed in other Comfort Inns. We stayed for one night in a queen room with whirlpool tub and that was one night too many. At first glance it was okay. The hotel is maintained but older and the fixtures were dated, but clean.
We came in on a very warm afternoon and the AC was off on the old HVAC unit. We turned it on and went out to dinner. When we returned, it was a less stuffy but we hadn't been gone long and it seemed to be running so we gave it some time to cool thinking the chillier night air would help it catch up. We are patient people.
I pulled back the covers and noticed a slight tear in the bottom sheet but the sheets were clean. The bed was too soft and the springs were felt under the pillowtop. I was tired so I fell asleep anyway. I awoke at 2am to a train that sounded like it was coming through the room. My foot was tangled in another much larger tear in the bottom sheet at the foot of the bed and I was hot again-actually sweating. I checked the AC unit and it was blowing hot air. I adjusted it some more turned it on and off and the compressor kicked in so I jumped in the shower and put on fresh pjs then heard my husband complaining that it was blowing hot air again so we turned it off and it felt a litte better. He wanted to call management but I was thirsty and the drink machine was on another floor so I went to the front desk and complained. He said, oh you have one of the old rooms. I'll move you to newer room. I asked if he meant renovated and he said yes some rooms weren't renovated yet. I asked him if the rate was the same. He immediately offered to lower my rate for the room we were in and I accepted that and told him to cancel my second night and we would find other accommodations. Any hotelier who knowingly places a couple in an old room with problems rather than a nicer room and charges them the same rate as the renovated room is not one I want to do business with again.
We left after yet another disappointment--breakfast. The "HOT BUFFET BREAKFAST" consisted of microwaved sausage gravy, steamed prepackaged scrambled eggs (I asked) and waffles you prepare. The rest of the offering was bread, sweet rolls and bagels, yogurt. I'm on a restricted diet and had only the scrambled eggs as an option. They were terrible. My husband had the sausage gravy which he didn't finish. When I went to check out. the clerk couldn't find the rate adjustment the night clerk had put in and asked what was wrong with the room so we went down the list and mentioned the breakfast was a disappointment as well and all I got was "I'm sorry" in an I couldn't care less attitude. We left tired, hungry and leary of ever spending another night at Comfort Inn--anywhere. I might add that the CSX trains continued every hour and a half. My husband said they went through all night long. He had about two hours sleep and I had three. Very disappointing. If your last accommodation was a tent this might be an upgrade.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

It is never easy to get less-than-complimentary feedback on a guest's experience at our hotel. However, all feedback is welcomed as it can be used to better train our team and to enable us to achieve a higher level of guest satisfaction.

Upon receiving your feedback about your stay, we immediately reviewed your comments with our maintenance engineer, front desk staff and breakfast bar team. Our goal is to provide a great product where everything operates as it should and where our service standards “wow” our guests. Unfortunately, we seem to have missed the mark during your stay. We have discussed your concerns with the staff and are confident that future guests will not encounter the same concerns. We proactively solicit feedback from our guests through comment cards and surveys, and overall the majority of our guests express satisfaction with the product and with the service they receive from our staff. While our breakfast meets the Choice Hotels newly enhanced breakfast bar standards, we are always seeking ways to make it even better and appreciate guest suggestions.

We do hope that you will visit us again in the future and allow us an opportunity to turn that stay into a “Wow!” stay.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Staunton for 5 days last week and was very pleased. Here are ten reasons why I would recommend this hotel and stay there again.
1.) Manager (Douglas Hicks) assistant manager(Shae) house keeping and all other staff were very friendly and accommodating.
2.) Rooms were clean and comfortable.
3.) Wifi worked very well without any lapses.
4.) Ice Machines produced clean ice and seemed to be filtered water.
5.) The yummy complimentary breakfast had a larger assortment than most hotels. Something for everyone.
6.) Nice seasonal pool, workout room and washer/dryer.
7.) Fridge and microwave (in every room) and they worked wonderfully.
8.) Close to a ton of fun activities, site seeing, historic downtown, delicious restaurants and shopping.
9.) They make fresh complimentary popcorn every afternoon thru the evening. (kids loved that)
10.) Great prices and it was quiet - I slept well.
There are more amenities and qualities... These were my personal top ten favs.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay there and would recommend

1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Hi, this hotel was very clean. The beds were made nicely and there was a welcome note in the room with a token rubber ducky to take home. They called the room to make sure we did not need anything and how was the room. Breakfast was good. Again, very clean area. The attendant helped customers without being asked. Great place. I would stay there again on my travels which I do 3 times a year. I have not seen a nicer hotel and I usually stay at Comfort Inn's. Have a good day

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Had to stay there over a weekend and the staff was terrific. Friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and well cared for. Easy to get on the highway. Lots of places to eat nearby.

Date of stay: February 2012