All reviewswaffle housefree popcornhomemade biscuitsroom was cleanfront desk staffno reservationparking lotoff the highwaybed and pillowsthe entire staffyogurtsausage gravyhard boiled eggsstay there againthe breakfast areahot breakfaststaunton area
Reviewed January 2, 2008

When we got to the hotel, it was dark so we only saw the lobby. It was a nice lobby, and clean. We checked in, and went up to our room. When we got out of the elevator on the 5th floor, the hallway looked very '70s. There was ugly purple carpet and dusty ceiling tiles. When we got to our room, the room was plain, and slightly dirty. The bathroom had some hair on the floor. But, there were no bugs. I would only reccomend this hotel to people who don't mind a bit of dirt to save a few bucks, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank estrange11
Reviewed August 17, 2007

After a long drive from Lake Lure, NC we weren't sure of this place since it's next to the Waffle House and at 11:30pm on a Saturday; it didn't look so promising. Looks can be deceiving. I walked right in to a friendly face and gave my husband check-in info and we carried our 2 little ones up with us. The room was a 2Q bed with chairs, internet, coffee, fridge & microwave. Updated like new decor with wonderful down pillows with 4 to a bed which is a plus in my book. The bathroom seemed updated as well. The tub could have used a little help in the clean dept. The continental breakfast was standing room only and like the previous poster stated---CARB Heaven with hot/cold beverages, cereals, breads and fresh fruit. I would stay here again if I was passing through the area.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank jaycyn1995
Reviewed April 9, 2007

Rooms are nice & quiet until the trains rumble through! Immediately adjacent to the parking lot is the Norfolk Southern line. Honestly, I didn't wake up to any during the night, but there were several shortly after dawn. Breakfast is carb-intense; skip it & go to Mrs. Rowes about a half-mile east for a fine traditional Virginia breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank WSmile5
Reviewed September 30, 2005

Room was clean, breakfast all right, though the pastries were a bit stale, wireless network worked pretty well. Front desk staff could not have been less interested in me, my comfort, whether I had everything I needed.

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank BoardingPass23722
Reviewed October 10, 2004

My new husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Staunton in May of 2004.
The front desk personal were great. The room was spick-n-span. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful. We highly reccomend the Staunton Comfort Inn to all our friends and family.
The Morris'