“Very good BBQ and sides”
Review of Peck's Bar B Que

Peck's Bar B Que
Ranked #42 of 146 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Phone number is 540-886-4647
Description: Phone number is 540-886-4647
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Ate there for lunch-- both me and my wife had the BBQ plate with red slaw, hushpuppies and fries. Everything was really good... we'd never had red slaw before and wanted to give it a try. Neither of us really liked it all that much, but that's just a personal preference. Everything else was delicious and the sweet tea was just right. Very good BBQ with 2 different sauce choices. We were glad we stopped in during our visit to this area!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed November 28, 2017

While traveling this Thanksgiving we found ourselves behind our planned schedule and looking for a meal. While 'Bar B Que' is one of my favorites it is often hard to find. I'm not talking about that stuff that sits in a pot of sauce in an oven all day, but slow cooked low heat seasoned either with a dry rub or a true basting of a homemade sauce.
Amazingly there is a pulled pork sandwich special that includes a sandwich, side, and a drink....for under $6!!! Well we tried that with fries as a side and a cup of tea. I choose of the sauces available the sweet. I am not ashamed to say that I cleaned my 'plate'. All was good.
I think often folks go to a place to eat with some preconceived notions. This is a small place by most standards, easy to get to from the Interstate with really great food and service. They are most friendly and fill up quick. I don't know but it might just be a family owned / operated place that's just how friendly they are!!!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

I am the manager of this fine establishment and when ever there is a problem we always try to take care of our customers ,i know that I can't always make everything right but I try too ...after all I am human and make mistakes as the case with everyone .I have been here for a very long time and try to make sure everything goes out correct but sometimes things do get messed up I feel that we have the best of any good in this area and very affordable .....I hope that anyone traveling to this place to eat comes in and enjoy the food,the service and above all the atmoshere here cause it is a family oriented place that has a lot of character .thank you .

Date of visit: October 2017
3  Thank Charles T
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I have been eating here for years and the food has always been good and some days better than others. Today my wife and I had two of the specials chopped barbecue sandwich and a side each, one hush puppies and the other brown beans along with a soda and sweet tea. The hush puppies and brown beans were great, but the barbecue was just awful. It was yellow looking and had been dried out. This could not have been made recently as it was so old. Did not have a good taste at all. Neither my wife or I could eat it and I pointed it out to the waitress who was very nice. She went back and told the owner, but that was the end of that. When I went to pay the bill, they charged me for the two sides and beverages. I guess this was okay considering they both were consumed, but under the circumstances, it was part of the special and should have been no charge. Now you would think the owner would come out and apologize and offer to make it right, but not today. I smoke pork all the time and know what good barbecue taste like, but this stuff today was just awful and he had no business trying to push this stuff to the customers. This is my last trip to this place and will go elsewhere when I'm in the mood for barbecue when I'm not making my own.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank chiefburch
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Small locals place w very good bbq pork. Prices are excellent and the service is friendly. If you order the beans, get them without the butter and onions. I couldn’t eat them, they were swimming in butter (my mistake) Slaw was good. Overall, I would go back again.

Date of visit: September 2017