All reviewssam's clubwashers and dryersfront desklong stayhome away from homean extended stay hotelmonth stayfull size refrigeratorrolling thunderrooms are greatcheck in was easydulles town centerbusiness tripdc areacleaning staffgreat customer serviceexcellent stay
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for over 45 days and would like to thank the whole staff I particular Ms. Brenda Arevalo. Brenda went above and beyond her duties to assist me. Thank you so much for making everyday a joyful and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms far from the entrances are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Andre W,

Thank you for your terrific comments about our newest team member, Brenda! She has been a fantastic asset to our team and we are so pleased at the superior customer service she has been providing to all of our guests!

We look forward to assisting you with your travel needs in the future.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed there for the whole month of June & loved everything. Amazed by the hospitality & efficient services provided by the Hotel. All the people from hotel staff is brilliant especially Brenda, Saroun & Laila.

The only suggestion is to provide room service at least twice a week in case of longer stay.

Room Tip: I got the room on 3rd floor with the view of road & it was awesome.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Travelfreaked,

Thank you for taking the time to post a response on how you enjoyed our hotel and services. We take the most pride in our staff who go well above and beyond the call of service. We are defiantly the perfect choice for a months stay in Sterling. Our newly renovated Kitchens and Bathrooms provide a modern comfort and convenience that we are used to in our own homes!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed here one night on business. I have stayed at this hotel before and have always loved it, but this time was a major surprise in that they have renovated! The kitchens are sleek, modern and very eye catching. They have new bedding that is absolutely amazing, and all of the hallways have new modern carpet. I would have continued to stay here anyways, but this just puts them over the top!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sara G

Dear Sara G,

Thank you for your fabulous comments! We love that we can offer newly renovated suites with modern kitchens and larger refrigerators with state of the art Ice Makers! We know you will continue to be happy with our hotel and services!

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Team.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I reserved a non-smoking room through our corporate account at work and to my disappointment, I was given a smoking room because there was nothing else available. The receptionists were kind enough to put air purifiers in the room to neutralize the smell however the odor was too strong in the room and in the hallway for me to get a good night's rest so I left and checked into a different hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RO A
SterlingHotelMgr1, Manager at Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear RO A,

Thank you for your comments. It is important that we get the feedback both positive and negative for this is the only way we know how to improve our hotel and services.

Please know that we do not purposely over book rooms. Oftentimes, there are rooms available at the time of booking, and then since we are an extended stay hotel, the guest in that room may have their job extended.

We should be more proactive in the future by calling the guest in advance so they can make other arrangements if necessary.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, we hope that you will allow us an opportunity to serve you again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed here as part of group for Rolling Thunder weekend. You can't beat this price (about $70/night) for the value provided. The woman who checked us in was friendly and helpful as was the guy who helped me when I needed more towels and a replacement light bulb the next day. It's important to understand that this is an extended stay hotel, not a full service hotel. They make it very clear that towels are not changed out daily for example, and that was just fine. It's quiet, well kept and has everything you need. The evening we arrived, the hallway did smell like someone had been smoking, but that smell was gone the next day. It's very clear that you can't smoke on the floor or in the rooms, but I'd bet that someone had not followed that requirement. It's a short walk to several restaurants; Walmart and Sam's Club are on the adjacent parking lot. I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JoeSetta,

Thank you so much for staying with us once again during the Memorial Day weekend Rolling Thunder ride. It is a pleasure to serve your group year after year.

Next time you visit, we will have newly renovated Kitchens and Bathrooms providing for a very updated and modern look!

We look forward to serving you again.

The Candlewood Suites Sterling Hotel Team.