All reviews front desk the shuttle driver great customer service rental car nice hotel yogurt free breakfast park and fly airport dulles flight vanessa airline sofa inns clerk dc
Reviewed August 29, 2018

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the past and thought it was very nice. Today, I'm disappointed. I had to wait my turn to check-in but when I finally reached the front desk, the clerk excused herself and walked into the next room. Upon her return, she ignored me and offered to help someone else. She said she thought I was with one of the two people in front of me. When I got to the second floor, I noticed the table in the hall is covered with dust, the vending machines are unplugged and standing next to the elevators. Upon entering my room, I found it appears clean, but the TV remote is not in the room and the telephone does not work. I went down to the front desk and reported the TV remote is missing; the clerk tried to give me batteries to fix the remote. I told her a second time that it is MISSING and I do not want to get charged for the remote not being in the room. I'm writing this review from the room now. I probably will not stay here again.

Room Tip: The suites have microwaves and refrigerators.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank jackiehaynes
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Hello Ms. Jackiehaynes,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us. My apologies if we fell short on some of your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and I want you to know that your concerns have been noted and will be addressed. It was our pleasure to be at your service and we hope to have another chance to be at your service in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

I am a travel agent and this hotel has created a lot of trouble for me with my group. I have reservation with payment at check in for 13 rooms. I warned the manager that we had paid on arrival but when we arrived at the hotel late at night the woman at the lobby knew nothing, had to call the manager and then started the check in
As soon as the woman at the lobby saw the group of 27 people panicked, she had been very incompetent, I had to pay all 13 rooms with my card and she slipped the card so quickly that it did not allow the bank to approve the transactions. I was forced to withdraw from the ATM 600 $ for his negligence and incompetence and fortunately I had several cards for withdrawals otherwise with the card that she had me blocked for its rapid crawls I could not withdraw anything. The next day for the check out they had inserted the invoices under the doors of the rooms of a group and forced me to waste time to request again all the invoices that printed inordinately and even double
The rooms were clean but very small and the breakfast normal
If the person who worked at the lobby was in a European hotel, he would be dismissed immediately for his incompetence and disorder
The manager instead was available and collaborated

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Hello Mr. Stefano,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience encountered during your check in. Your feedback is very important to us and I want you to know that your concerns have been noted and will be addressed.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

I had a 3:30 AM arrival at Dulles and needed a place to stay to get some sleep until my ride arrived later that day. It sufficed. The accommodations were good, and I slept relatively well. There was a little confusion in regards to my reservation, but it was rectified. I was also allowed to check my bags upon check out until my ride arrived. The hotel was good, and I'd stay there for the same purpose again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Hello Wahoo,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was our pleasure to be at your service and we hope to be at your service again next time you are in our area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were stranded in IAD airport due to United sucking majorly. Instead of a 50 minute layover it quickly became a 24 hour layover with a desperate attempt to find somewhere to stay at around 1am. I was ripped off royally I’m certain as $179 is obviously double what this place should go for. The room was okay and the shuttle to the airport was helpful. Pure exhaustion kept me from finding a better hotel. Most were sold out in the area due to United. The breakfast was pretty good. The place has a tired appearance.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Chelseasly,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear about the un-expected layover and for any inconvenience experienced with United. Unfortunately the area does get expensive especially on sell out situation. It was our pleasure to be at your service.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

I am a choice members so I have certainly been to my share of comfort inns at over 20 probably. The reviews, price and closest to the airport is what drew me to this hotel, but to be honest I was extremely disappointed. First off the entire hotel is honestly pretty filthy with tons of dust and dirt building up on carpets. Additionally the entire hotel has a very strong smoke smell .. like everywhere. Worst of all we walk in our room and we’re just want to take a shower so we go in the bathroom and there’s of course no soap. So we’re like ok we will just go down to ask for soap and of course 4 hours later we were still waiting. Just for a bar of Soap. We even called twice. Finally we went to bed. The elevated is also obnoxiously slow which everyone complained about on our stay. Lastly the room is a good size but truthfully the beds were uncomfortable. Look I’m not usually one to complain but I really can say this was not one good stay. One positive would be that the staff is truly at least very helpful.. for the most part and very nice. My advice would be to ignore the cost and choose one of the much better options in the area if looking for a flight hotel.

Stayed: August 2018

Hello Trevor,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. My apologies for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us and I want you to know that your concerns have been noted and will be addressed. We are actually going through minor renovations right now which will address your concerns. It was our pleasure to be at your service and we hope to have another chance to be at your service once our renovation has been completed.