All reviews continental breakfast room was clean toast cracker barrel mini muffins check in was quick coffee machine great value halfway point first floor front desk staff an overnight stay no frills no charge no issues hotel room nice breakfast
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

The rooms are clean and priced very well. The staff is very helpful! I travel there alot on business and always deal with the front desk clerk named "Jojo". She has always been very helpful and goes out of her way for her guests. I do highly recommend the Red roof inn in troutville if you are passing through.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
GM-JVP, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Dear Guest,
We appreciate a five star review and encouraging comments regarding your recent stay at the Troutville (Roanoke) Red Roof. We are proud of our clean comfortable rooms and excellent guest services. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with JoJo and the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope your future visits at any Red Roof Inn will be as pleasant as the recent one with us

Reviewed August 25, 2016

I stopped at this Red Roof Inn while travelling, and am glad I did. The price was amazing for what you get....the room was a good size, with a microwave and mini-fridge, and free breakfast is included. There is an indoor pool, but it was either being repaired or remodeled.

The front desk staff were both friendly and efficient. I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from Shirley, the front desk clerk, shortly after checking in to ask if the room was okay. One odd surprise was that I was in a room designed for handicapped guests - why, I have no idea, as I am not handicapped. But, it was nice having a larger shower area.

The breakfast was pretty basic, but it did the job. I amused myself by checking out the lighting in the lobby area while I ate - I've never seen such a large number and wide variety of lighting fixtures! LOL

No, this is not the Ritz, but I would not hesitate to stay here again. The price is definitely right!

Stayed: August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others. I feel proud to know that our hard work is paying off. We always try to exceed the expectations of our guests. Thank you for your keen observation about our lighting in the breakfast area.

I will make sure to share your comments with Shirley and rest of our team. An excellent review like yours, is always an encouragement to all of my team members as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. It will also have a huge positive impact on so many travelers looking for a hotel with a great value.
Thank you once again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Right beside Cracker Barrel. Holiday Inn and Quality Inn are next door and twice the money. JoJo greeted us. Friendly girl from New Orleans. Clean room. Awesome bed. Pillows were oddly small but comfy! Definitely will come again when in the area. Close to Blue Ridge and all of the local awesome roads.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
GM-JVP, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others. We feel proud to know that our hard work is paying off. Jo Jo is really appreciated your compliment.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. An excellent review like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again and I hope your future visits with us will be as pleasant as the recent one.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

The room was about what you'd expect from a Red Roof Inn. Clean and adequate. I had booked through the site and had been clear about needing a ground floor for our dog and even for me. I have problems with elevators due to a head injury. The girl at the desk told me there was no such request and we were on the 2nd floor. I agree with Duke, the elevators are musty and creaky. I registered my complaint in their survey and got an apology from management. But hot breakfast is a joke. Almost nothing to choose from. We probably will stay next door at a different chain next time we stop, since that exit is a good one for the trip we frequently make.

Stayed: August 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and your honest review. I apologize again for not offering you a ground floor room. As I explained to you earlier in your survey, we have very limited rooms on the ground floor so it is impossible to honor every request. Guests with wheel chairs are the first in priority.
I hope that this explanation will ease your experience and you will give us an opportunity to serve you and your pet better in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2016

This Red Roof is horrendous. It smelled of mold and wet carpet upon walking in. My room wasn't much better either. It smelled like body odor, wet carpet, and mold. The carpet felt slightly damp, and it wasn't vacuumed and it was crumbs on the floor. In the morning I had to have the water in the shower run for 5 minutes to get somewhat warm water. It was also insects in the air conditioning unit. One of the clerks double charged my debit card making my account go into the negative, then when I tried to bring it to their attention, they said I was lying. Talked to the owner as well on the phone and she co signed with the clerk. I explained I had no money to get home, and they said not my problem, then they called the police on me because I started to cry. They had police kick me out with no way to get home, with two dogs. One of the police officers convinced them to refund a day, but it didn't do me any good because it was on a Sunday, and the money wouldn't be in my account until the next business day. I had to borrow money from a friend to fill up my tank to get home, 368 miles away in Pennsylvania. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear guest,
I am really sorry to read your review. We are in hospitality business and the first thing we learned that customers are always right. I already sent you an apology. I would like to clarify a few things for my desk agents. Shirley is our most polite desk agent. She was trying to explain you the authorization hold by your debit card was not an actual charge by us. She was shaking when your arguments crossed the limit of decent language. One of the housekeeper had to protect her and they decided to call the law for her safety.
You wanted to extend your stay for one more night, and we did not charge you for that either.
Thank you once aging for giving me an opportunity to apologize.