All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskwalking distancebreakfast buffetleesburg pikeshort drivefitness centerrooms are cleanwithin milesfree parkingdc arearoom keythe shuttle driverdulles airportmetro stationeasy accessindoor pool
Reviewed August 21, 2015 via mobile

The hotel is at a central location. Only problem is if you are new to the location. It's located immediately after the interstate exit. But there is nothing other than a hidden flag that tells its a marriott. So I had trouble finding it the first time. Coming out of the hotel to go to DC is also a little tough as there is no left turn on and u need to do u-turn at a very busy street.
That's pretty much the only negatives. The hotel is awesome. Staffs helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable.
No complementary breakfast. They usually charge for parking ($12 I guess) and internet. But since I did mobile check in I got both free. Parking is covered and secured

Over all a pleasant experience.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
TCHotelManager, Manager at Tysons Corner Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2015

Dear Pgsdeepak,
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that our brilliant host was helpful and that the rooms were comfortable. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Vikas L.
Director of Hotel Operations – Rooms

Reviewed August 15, 2015 via mobile

If you are doing business in the Tysons area, this hotel is a good choice. It is a short ride from Dulles by car. The new Metro stop in Tysons makes downtown DC a 30-45 minute ride, avoiding traffic. The hotel is close --easy walking distance or by shuttle-- to a large shopping mall with various restaurant choices.

The restaurant in the hotel is not bad, and the fitness center is better than most business hotels--larger and with more equipment.

The service at the hotel was a bit uneven. Housekeeping disturbed me in my room twice, disregarding the privacy sign once, and early in the morning once. Service in the restaurant was uniformly good. Front desk was good. The airline check in computer was slow and its printer out of ink with no sign.

The interior probably needs an update and refresh. The building looked a bit worn to me. Rooms were comfortable and clean but need updates to electronics. As to general quality of the property, it is on the low end for Marriott. Not as sleek as most Courtyards and not as nice as most regular properties under the brand.

They charge for Internet access -- no business hotel should be doing that today. (Mine was comped, but that was in exchange for the room I requested not being available.)

Overall, if you are visiting a nearby business, this is a convenient choice. But it is not a destination.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2015

I previously stayed at this hotel in March 2014 and I loved my stay and I mentioned so in my previous Trip Advisor review. I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel again in March 2015 and again, I loved my stay. In my previous review, I highlighted the service provided me by a Marriott employee named Thomas, in this review, I would like to highlight the service provided me by a Marriott employee named William.

I was working late one night/early morning in the the lobby and as I was working William was who working the front desk came by to ask if I was ok and he offered me a bottle of water while I was working. I needed to extend my check-out the following day and he assisted me with this as well. During my interactions with William I was very impressed by his thoughtfulness, polite nature, and great service. These are some of the reasons why I keep staying at Marriott properties.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2015

My wife and I stayed at the Tysons Corner Marriott June 18 thru 22 this year with the intention of revisiting Washington DC after 10 plus years. We were able to book an incredible rate for the stay. The hotel is located within walking distance of a huge mall and 5 minutes by hotel shuttle to the Metro which services DC (20 minute metro ride), Virginia and as far as Maryland. Internet is free if you belong to the Marriott rewards program. The property is well maintained with on-site restaurant and bar. We would highly recommend this property to anyone wishing to visit the DC area and take in the many monuments (Smithsonian museums, etc.)

Room Tip: The higher levels offer the better views.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2015

We used AAA membership to get the discount, got a really good price at the Hotel, room is clean and nice as we expected (Marriott standard ). We selected this place because of its location - 1) next to Metro Station and 2) near the mall. They have complimentary shuttle to the Mall and Metro, very convenient for the guests. I would return to this place again and would recommend this hotel to everybody. We went to Washington DC daily, we stayed at this hotel with very good price, used Marriott's free shuttle and took Metro to DC.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends