All reviews shake shack tysons corner center self parking room service rooms are modern silver line shopping mall location is great metro stop easy access hotel restaurant excellent hotel huge mall water pressure tyson corner dc area wonderful stay
Reviewed June 8, 2018

I arrived late at night... my room door was ajar which immediately made me concerned for my safety, but I just wanted to get to sleep. When I used the rest room, the toilet seat was up, and when I put it down, there was actually poop smeared on the toilet seat.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank annkrobatin
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

This conveniently located hotel in the busy Tyson’s Corner area offers nice accommodations within a short walking distance of the Silver Line metro stop and the Tyson’s Corner Mall (just across the lovely Plaza). Lots of local restaurants and a short metro ride into DC or surrounding areas. About midpoint between Dulles and Reagan airports. Friendly staff,. Rooms are modern (albeit a bit dated) and comfortable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2018

I really liked this hotel. I think it will become my goto hotel for the Tyson Corner region. Easy parking or valet. The Hyatt has a dedicated parking area on level 4 of Garage E (for you local folks) of the Tysons mall. They sent out a pre-arrival email with enough information to make the arrival painless. Checkin was Hyatt professional, welcoming and easy. The room was beyond my expectations. Large sitting area, separate bed and bath area. Very clean. So clean. Housekeeping was not slacking this day for sure. Views of the National Cathedral in the distance and of course scenic Tysons. Lots of outlets and USB ports. My only knock, so many light switches. First world problem for sure. Food was great. Lots of options outside the hotel including a Shake Shack. Internet was great. Sitting area TV actually had a sound bar with subwoofer. Oh my. Not sure all rooms get this treatment. Mine room was an "xx35" room were xx is the floor. Yeah I must come up with a reason to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2018

I so want to rate the overall experience EXCELLENT, but the experience with the front staff double charging my friend's credit card & not really being of assistance really killed our experience.

The location, the facilities, the rooms...GREAT!!! The rooms were clean & very comfortable. I must say that the water pressure was extremely high (Unusual in a conserving society). Otherwise, you have everything you need in walking distance. The mall next door is AWESOME!!!!

LASTLY...the parking was crazy. This big hotel only has one half level in the parking garage that you have to park on. If the level is filled, you will have to do valet parking ($30.00 a night).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful but they kept overcharging my card which left us in a deficient during and after our vacation. My husband and I were a red eye(arrived late evening early morning about 3 am). I reserved the room with my card however my husband wanted to pay with his card. The young lady swiped his card however about an hour later we noticed that the full amount of the stay including incidentals was taken out of my account. The next day my husband tried to make a purchase but the card Was declined. We noticed that the hotel also charged his card an additional $300. The front desk was notified and they could not do anything because it was a holiday weekend and the charge couldn't be dropped until after the holiday. A huge disappointment for us!!! And a big inconvenience. Upon checkout the young lady handed my husband a final statement, we were give one night free stay because of the inconvenience. However after we were on our way home and approximately 3 hours later, I noticed that the hotel again charged my card for the final charge!!! So now my card is pending charges for the initial amount of $584 but also the final charge of $318!! I called the hotel as soon as I noticed the additional charge and the young lady(Sue) could only reiterate to me that the charges and that the initial charge would be dropped 3-5 business days!! This hotel is beautiful however due to these circumstances I doubt I would stay here again. The night staff was Unknowledgeable regarding transactions! And no one seemed too concerned that my both cards were debited several times! While almost the triple amount is pending on my card another $300 is pending on my husband's card. This is absurd! I will definitely be calling corporate tomorrow morning! If you stay here, check your statements and accounts!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple