All reviews outdoor pool the club lounge nice hotel metro station hotel lobby spring hill dulles airport business traveler dc area free parking business trip shuttle service fitness center walmart conference tysons ballroom
Reviewed June 26, 2018

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Tyson's Corner while in town for business. I couldn't have asked for a better location and the local shuttle made it in ever better! The metro was only a short walk away that takes you all around the city which we took to a baseball game one evening. The gentleman who drove the shuttle on Friday 6/22 went out of his away to accommodate me when I needed to get to work early for a meeting. Great customer service! I loved having the club level access with breakfast provided every morning and evening snacks. The sandwich wrap I selected one evening from the restaurant onsite was delicious and very affordable. The rooms are quite large and the bed is extremely comfortable.

I would recommend the Sheraton Tyson's Corner to anyone traveling to this area for business or pleasure.!

1  Thank Lisa J
Quintin F, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Dear Lisa J,

Thanks for the great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed and experienced everything we have to offer from our comfortable beds, large rooms, shuttle service, tasty food and most of all great customer service. Be sure to come back and see us so you can enjoy more of the great views of NOVA from our Club Lounge.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

My co-worker and I stayed here for a class we were taking nearby. Truthfully, we expected a bit more from a Sheraton. The place is under construction, but I wasn't entirely sure if it is a renovation/revitalization or fixing something that was broken - nobody explained and we didn't see any signs stating "We're Improving!" to garner any excitement for some grand improvement, so I am left believing they were dealing with repairs to old infrastructure rather than doing hotel improvements.

When I walked in my room, there was tissue in the commode and expired theater tickets for a kid-friendly performance for five in the trash can. The bed appeared to have been made by the staff, but the items not removed from the room made me question if they actually turned over the room properly before assigning it to me.

Fabulous view on the north side! However, the first night was restless trying to tune out the sound of the Metro going by. The Metro being right there is fabulous for convenience, but if you are a light sleeper, I'd recommend requesting the pool-view side of the building.

The elevator was broken from the parking garage to the entry doors, so we carried our luggage up the stairs - which was not fun after a 6.5 hour car ride. If I'd known the elevator was broken, I would have dropped my co-worker off with our luggage first, and then parked our vehicle.

It smelled WONDERFUL walking in the doors - like a spa. I wanted to take home one of their air fresheners for my own home.

Room tip: Request pool view (southwest) for reduced metro noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Quintin F, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Thank You so much for staying with us and sharing your experience during your stay. While we were happy to hear that the welcome experience entering the building was great and wonderful, we are disappointed to hear about your arrival experience at our parking lot and upon getting settled in your room. Please excuse the appearance of our parking lot & elevator as we are working to make improvements. We will be sure to follow up with our teams to see how we can use your valued feedback to enhance future guests experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

I came to this hotel as part of a conference and was immediately disappointed. After parking in the dark parking garage, I discovered through communication from an employee that the elevators were out so I had to carry my suitcases up the stairs to get to the lobby. Upon checking in the front desk clerk let me know that wifi was free but if my name didn't work I should just use someone else's name(a person that I didn't know) to get signed into it. I was then given direction to my room ...which essentially required me to take an elevator down a level and then take a long walk around the building and go up some stairs and then walk further down the hall with clearly dirty carpet to get to my room...When I finally get to the room, it had a musty, dank smell, a dripping tub of water, a banging sound from the air conditioning and some mosquito residents. I tried to change my room to no avail. In exploring other paths to the room, I discovered more out of service elevators and elevators that did not look desirable. This room was in the low rise section of the hotel as opposed to the high rise. I suspect my experience would have been a little better in the high rise section of the hotel but I have no way of knowing for sure. If you plan to stay here I would ask in advance for a room in the high rise but given how poorly the low rise is maintained I would be suspect of the facility overall.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Quintin F, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear Shayri,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Vienna. Please accept on my behalf and the entire Sheraton Team our apologies for your experience during your stay. We are doing some renovations to our parking lots and garage. I can only imagine how exhausted it must have been to have to carry your luggage up the stairs. Furthermore only to not be satisfied with the cleanliness and condition of your room.

Shayri, this is not the level of service that we aim to provide our guests. I would love to talk to you more about your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me at the number provided below.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Stayed here recently for a convention. And the rooms were very nice. A tad bit dated, but that's just the hotel showing it's age. I will say this though, the elevators are in desperate need of macitence as they take forever to get to your floor, either from the lobby or what ever floor you're on. Nice sized rooms, the min fridge has seen some better days though. The beds were soft as well as the pillows, so if you like a firm mattress like me, then you're gonna have a rough time falling asleep.

Now... the restaurant on the other hand... oh boy... I arrived on a Thursday, and it was of course quite slow, two bar tenders, and only a few people at the bar. I thought that I would have speedy service, I was wrong. Took forever for one to come on over and ask what I would like, I ordered the chicken wings, which I thought were buffalo, and a Guinness. The Guinness was served in almost like a tall wine glass... odd but ok. When my food finally arrived though the buffalo sauce was on the side and the wings were... well lacking, they were small and something you could get at Bulk Food Store, I wasn't too thrilled, but for $10 whatever. And that was the last time I saw my waitress/ bartender she disappeared somewhere and I was half way through my meal and I already finished my drink, and well into the meal before I had to flag down someone else just to get something else to drink. I was never asked how the meal was or checked up on, and when I asked for the check I was met with such blahness. Ok it's a Thursday, maybe they had a graveyard shift on, ok fine. Fast forward to the next day, Friday night, after the convention, the place is booming with people, you would think the bar/restaurant would be staffed... NOPE! Same two tenders were behind the bar and saying they were barely keeping up is being kind. They were overwhelmed beyond capacity, it took me almost an hour to A) get a drink and then b) place my order... to which my drink came another 20 mins after I ordered and then the food another 30 mins after that, And then they just threw it in a to go container like they didn't even want me in the restaurant. I was not happy. If you're going to stay here, do yourself a favor, walk over to Walmart and eat at one of the restaurants there, the Taco place is amazing, I just wish I knew about it before my two meals... Live and learn I guess.

Room tip: Ask for a room on one of the lower levels as the Elevators take FOREVER!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Quintin F, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear Tom,

Thank you for staying with us during the convention. We truly do value and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing the issues that you had with the elevator and overall service in our restaurant during your stay. We will be sure to share with the team so that we may better meet our guest needs going forward.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Overall the rooms on floors 5-24 are okay, but need updating. Rooms on floors 1-4 look like they were updated a few years ago, but a “sloppy/cheap renovation.”
This property is in a great location and easy access to Metro.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Quintin F, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Dear Lisa G,

Thank you for making us your choice in hotels during your travels. We truly value your business and your feedback about the rooms. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, I love it myself as well with all of the restaurant & shopping options in the area. If you are ever back in the area we would love another opportunity to have you stay with us again. I am sure that our team can find a room that would be perfect for you.