“Wonderful hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife and I had a horrible experience when we checked into the Travelodge in Virginia Beach last week. My wife was crying so I went on a walk and stopped at a few hotels. Every one I stopped at had either an unfriendly face at the desk or they were way out of our price range. Then I happened upon The Comfort Inn. I was greeted immediately by Angie who was not only friendly but she offered to show me a room. She showed me around the hotel as if showing off her own home. She told us the price which was a little high but with her presentation and the absolute cleanliness of the hotel I was sold. I quickly went to get my wife and we checked into The Comfort Inn. From the pool to the amazing breakfast we had (which was included in the price), we had a wonderful stay and will return again. As we left the hotel Angie was working and she came around from the desk and shook our hands. Wonderful hospitality, wonderful hotel, and the location was perfect. Thank you Comfort Inn for turning our vacation completely around!

1  Thank Sak M

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We found the Comfort Inn and Suites to have a great location on the boardwalk. My wife had a broken ankle, and the staff was very helpful. We rented mobility scooters for our stay, and zipped along the boardwalk and the main street without trouble.

Our room was not our first choice layout, but that was due to a late reservation, and a busy weekend schedule for the hotel. However, the room worked out even better than we expected. We had two queen beds, split apart with the bath in the center. The back bed made a great area for us to lay out suitcases and things.

The bath was newly remodeled and perfectly fine. Our room, as all of those in this hotel, looked out directly onto the boardwalk and the Atlantic. The room was quiet, and the temperature control good.

The breakfast was not the best we have even had, but again, adequate with the usual waffle making, pre-made omelets (not appetizing), bacon (greasy), bagels, cereals, yogurt, and so on. The breakfast room also looks out onto the boardwalk with large glass windows, or seating away from the window if you prefer.

The pool is just off the lobby, and also looks out onto the boardwalk. It looked inviting, but we didn't use it.

Highly recommended. We would surely stay here again while in VA Beach

Room Tip: Higher up will avoid street noise, and give a better view. Only some floors have ice machines and v...
2  Thank GigaBob
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We travel quite a bit with an All-Star Cheerleading squad. Plans changed at the last minute and we found ourselves in need of a place at the last minute. Although at first I was hesitant because of the price (a little more than I usually spend), it proved to be well worth the money and then some!! We arrived before check-in time after a 9 hour trip and thy let us have our room early. When we checked out,they even let us have a pass card so that we could remain parked there for the rest of the day and still use the restroom on the bottom floor. Saying that this hotel has the best staff is an understatement. Never have I seen a hotel where everyone is so friendly and helpful. When checking out the carpet was being cleaned in the hallway by an outside company and the gentlemen came over and helped me with my cart and held the doors for myself and children. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Parking was never a problem. Location was great! Right on the Boardwalk and close to anything and everything. Can't wait to go back!! I won't stay anywhere else now when we travel to Virginia Beach. What a great overall experience and stay.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

nice oceanfront suite in the middle of the VA Beach boardwalk....very convenient location, spacious clean room with wonderful view...appreciated the in-room safe for leaving laptop and other valuables

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Choose this hotel and they will make your dreams come true!!! My husband and I were treated with the up most respect!!!! The staff was fantastic!! We were escorted to our room by the general manager who completely and utterly blew us away with his generosity. We were so happy they treated us so well in comparision to Holiday Inn Express I wouldnt put my dog there!!! Once again Thank You so much to the staff!!!!!!

Room Tip: The VIP suite Is a fantasic room!!!!!
1  Thank Amanda A
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We stayed here from April 26-27. The hotel is oceanfront, and is all suites. The

room was smaller than expected but sufficed for two people. Any more than two and

the room would have been crowded, though it is a room designed for 2-4 people. The

hotel lobby was nice, the front desk manager was very friendly and very helpful. The

indoor pool and hot tub were very nice and were a welcoming addition to our overall

stay in Virginia Beach as the weather outside wasn't warm enough for beach lounging

and the ocean was cold. Even with the hotel packed full of middle-schoolers, we were

able to swim and soak by ourselves.

Most of the hotel was taken up by a large group of middle-school aged children

apparently on their spring school trip - though we expected the worst, these kids

were well disciplined and we were never disturbed by them.

The room itself: the bed was hard and uncomfortable, obviously well-used and worn.

The couch was incredibly uncomfortable - neither myself nor my husband could sit on

it as the cushions were very thin and didn't seem to fit the couch properly - you'd

sink right down on top of the mattress. Being a pullout couch, there was a thick

metal rod beneath the cushions which, when you managed to sit on the couch, was

jammed into the back of the knee. My husband could not sleep in the bed and opted

to sleep on the couch - I don't know how he managed to sleep at all. The only other

chairs in the room were straight-backed and not all together comfortable. I opted

to sit in one of these and put my feet on the coffee table for comfort at night.

The bathroom was clean however the floor was gross - the black tile was sticky and

appeared to be some sort of indoor/outdoor material instead of ceramic tile. The

fixtures in the bathroom were rusty, and some were covered in a crusty substance

that left me gagging. The maid did the best she could however - the sink, shower

and other areas were well cleaned, the floors were vaccumed, the bed was made

nicely. It was the details of cleaning that were lacking. The room was well used...

keep that in mind when booking a stay in this Comfort Inn - it isn't brand new.

The balcony, though small, was a huge plus for the room overall - the view was

beautiful. When balancing the pro's and con's of the stay, the balcony does add

many good points to the pro side.

There are other, more upscale hotels in the area from which to choose - if your

needs require to be in the middle of all the action on BeachStreet USA, the Comfort

Inn was in the heart of it all. However if the utmost comfort is your goal, find

another hotel. For the money, this wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. Needs upkeep

and new furnishings.

Room Tip: Choose 5th floor or 6th for the views, as these floors also lift you up from the noise below.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KelleyAndMatt
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This hotel was in a perfect location. We had an oceanfront non-smoking room. Everything was included (breakfast, internet, parking) at no extra charge. There was a pool and an exercise room. The business centre really came in handy when my daughter realized she had left our laptop at home and had to finish her school project. All of the staff, including the concierge, were extremely friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Torontotravelprof