“Worst hotel ever!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Knights Inn Virginia Beach Lynnhaven
Ranked #103 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Worst hotel ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

Worst hotel we have ever stayed at. Very dirty. We paid for three people and they only gave us two towels and we had to ask for them every morning. They did not clean the room at all. There were hairs all in bathroom. Toilet had not been flushed when we got there. Bugs were everywhere. Had to use a wrench to turn the microwave on. The fridge did not work. Only had warm water and that didn't last very long. The people at the front desk were very rude about evrything. Said they just work there. There were very scary people roaming outside of our room all night. We asked to get our sheets change after three days and they handed some to us and said here. Will never stay here again. We have reported how bad this hotel is.

• Stayed August 2010
3 Thank beach1980

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Radford, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

My husbad had an mma Fight in the area after driving 7 hours we pulled into this hotel, we hade our chihuahua, two boys (5 and 3) and it was located right next to chucke cheese with private room entrances, we thought perfect....were we wrong. We checked in around 5 pm took our stuff to the room and left to venture around the mall and grab some dinner we arrived back at our room around 9pm to find alot of suspicious people around the buildin (drug dealers,prostitutes,drug addicts...ect) apparantly its not something out of the normality for that area we later discovered...anyways back to the room we had no towels and no blankets, the "FREE" cable and internet was down all night.We then went down to the drink machine to get a drink paid 1.25 for a 20oz soda and it came out half empty with the safety ring already broken. We went back into the room to discover our 4pnd dog had found a used CONDOM under the bed . I was disgusted we went to check out and was told we could not have our money back we would have to wait till 10am to see the manager...Yeah never happend. Did I mention I also notice like in other reviews on this page that everything was unplugged in our room too!!! This place was wierd and Im glad we got out a live the people who worked there are rude and must live in filth themeselves to run their hotel like this. I am in the process of complaining to the BBB and reporting them to the health inspectors in the area. Dont take your family here the only thing this place is good for is roadkill storage!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Ambrosa123
Ortonville, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

My child and I checked out 3hrs. after arriving, after we checked in I took a shower and came out to find bugs on my sleeping child!! I packed back up and put my little one in his car seat, went to the desk and demanded a refund. I manager didn't even act suprized, he didn't even look at the dead bugs I had brought to him wrapped in a tissue!! I am now praying that I didn't bring any home with me!!!! The place had noisey pipes and was not clean, but we had driven a long way and I thought it would be okey for one night, I learned different!! This place needs to be shut down!!! and burned with everything inside! MW

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank MaryMaryo62
Middletown, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

We paid almost two hundred dollars for two nights in a very dirty room. My husband commented that the "cleaning people" looked too old to be doing ANYTHING!!! We noticed that when they did manage to sweep the bathroom, all the dirt had been swept under the vanity. We endured the discomfort because we were just passing through while on a two-week road trip to Miami before we board a cruise ship to the Bahamas. NEVER AGAIN!!! The evening staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank killiangrad
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

I did not stay afterall and had already paid cash, same day, never entered the room and was not given a dime of my $100.00 back. The website is bogus and no owner was to be found.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank VANative007
Honeoye, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

We arrived and everything was unplugged, frig, TV , phone and even light bulbs were not were twisted on the first light into room. We were charge an extra person fee and provided only 1 wash cloth and hand towel, with 3 bath towels. We were given 1 bar of soap , 1 shampoo and 1 lotion. When we were getting ready to go to bed we realized there were no blankets on the beds just sheet and bedspread. I walked down to the office to get blankets and the night clerk, a young girl was apologetic and later brought us 2 more bedspraeds stating they had not blankets. We were suppose to stay a second night and I was not going to tolerate this. In the morning I went down to the lobby and spoke to the rudest person at a front desk I have ever met, Tracy, or at least that is the name she hestitantly gave me. She was not at all apologetic when I explained we were not going to stay an additional night , she was short and stated mulitple times we would be charged for the additional night and I would have to call "hotel planner" before I checked out to let me know we were not staying and they could refund me but the hotel was still going to bill for the night. I did call hotel planner to complain and while on the phone, Tracy actually came to the room and asked "when will you be out?". I was shocked that she could be so rude!...In the long run I did get the night refunded by hotel planner. I would not recommend this location to anyone and I also would recommend Tracy find and different line of work.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank scartwright_10
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

I have stayed at quite a few dumpy hotels in my day, but this hotel was among the worst that I have ever stayed at. I was with my wife for a nice weekend excursion to the beach and I saw the name of the hotel "Wynwood Inn & Suites" and thought it sounded nice and the area around there is decent, so I went for it. Wow, what a mistake. I was truly embarrassed to bring my wife there and it will be a running joke in my family for many years to come. The place is disgusting. The rooms smell bad. The pillows were no bigger than airplane pillows and they would not give me any more. My wife and I slept in our clothes for fear of sleeping on nasty sheets. The nicest thing I can say about the hotel is that the water pressure was good.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple