For our second stay my wife and I visited off-season. The crowds had definitely died down but the hotel was mostly the same. Some differences: you're not likely to be offered free valet parking (although the lot across the street is very convenient) and I think maybe the hours at the Square Whale were shorter. The two outdoor pools were closed leaving one open indoor pool and hot tub. We ate at both the Square Whale and Greenery. The crab cake sandwich at the Square Whale was good and worth the price, though the accompanying fruit was hard and bland. Breakfast buffet at the Greenery was good, offering typical selections of eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, cereal, etc as well as fresh waffles. I recommend requesting a high floor...on our recent trip we had room 202 (second floor) and although we had no problems at all with the room, many low floor room views may be blocked by palm trees. I am including a view for the balcony of room 202, which puts you at the far end of the hotel, right near the end of the boardwalk. It's a bit of a walk from the front desk, but you get to pass the kids club, the movie theater, indoor pool, and Square Whale. As a Priority club member you get a coupon for a free drink and snack from the lobby sundry shop, but note that drinks are cheaper from the vending machines if you are paying. Overall we had only one small complaint about our stay which was that the room keys were not programmed on our first arrival at the room, which required a walk back and forth to the front desk. An easy fix but a minor annoyance nonetheless. Overall I want to give the HI North Beach 4.5 stars, but since that's not an option, and since they have a wandering turtle in the kids club, I'll give them 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash into 250,000 gallons of fun, enjoy a movie in our movie theater and relax on your private balcony. Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach guestrooms feature mini-refrigerator and microwave, flatscreen TV, iPod stations and free Internet. Splish Splash Lagoon features an outdoor lazy river & two 12-foot waterslides. Float down indoor Lay-Z-Rivah or lounge in the sun by the outdoor pool. For entertainment, enjoy activities for toddlers to tweens in seasonal kids Splash Kamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites North Beach
- Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn