“Best Thai Restaurant in Virginia Beach!!!”
Review of Tida Thai Cuisine

Tida Thai Cuisine
Ranked #191 of 1,428 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
virginia beach
“Best Thai Restaurant in Virginia Beach!!!”
Reviewed 22 November 2008

Tida Thai Cuisine is a gem! It is one of those few restaurants you feel like you can call your own. The service is exceptional, the interior decor is beautiful, and most importantly the food is outstanding and very resonably priced.

I discovered this place just out of sheer luck. I am a big Thai food fan and before I found this place, I was always searching for and eating at different Thai restaurants throughout Hampton Roads. When I first moved here, I used to dine at Bangkok Garden in both Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Then I discovered Daruma and went there instead. I stumbled upon Tida Thai Cuisine while driving around Town Center. Not to take anything away from Daruma, but Daruma is more of a Japanese restaurant that serves a few thai entrees. So if you have friends who are craving both Japanese and Thai, by all means go to Daruma. But if you're looking for strictly the best Thai cuisine, go to Tida Thai!

The interior design of Tida Thai is simply beautiful. The walls are all painted different colors and the tables have a somewhat granite look to them. There are thai paintings on the walls where I can see they got the inspiration for the colors in the restaurant. Asian inspired with a hint of modern.

The owner and head chef likes to call himself Jack. Apparently he owns another Tida Thai restaurant in Chesapeake and his other family members run the business. But what is great about Jack is that he treats everyone he meets as family. I was surprised that on my second time there he still rememberd me and my wife! So after you're served your meal, he comes out with a warm smile and always asks if everything is okay. He likes it when you're honest and will not hesitate to change anything to accomodate your needs. He shows much humility and can only hope that he serves you the best.

The best way I can describe Tida Thai is like going to your favorite Bed and Breakfast. Please check out Tida Thai. I promise you will not regret it! Who knows, you might catch me at the next table dining there too! -Jason

3 Thank jeah79