Ocean Key Resort
US$311
Country Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$121
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)
US$433
  • Beachfront
US$378
US$349
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$134
HolidayInn.com
Turtle Cay Resort(Virginia Beach)
US$359
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$240
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$335
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsactivity centerliving roomacross the streetgalley kitchenrudee inletmini kitchenindoor poolwashers and dryerssouth endweek staytowel exchangelocal attractionspull out sofahot tubshort walk to the beachnice place to stayatlantic avenue
Reviewed March 14, 2016

Very close to the beach and the strip. A great location and very accommodating staff. Joanna in the exercise room was great. She helped us a lot to find one of the best places to visit (e.g., Sandbridge Beach, Bag Bay for nature trail (wildlife refuge, ...). When we needed something, she could find out the places (e.g., restaurant, landmark places). Jenny was also of great help in finding shopping places. If possible, we'll be back and stay again. THANKS OCEAN KEY RESORT STAFF members.

Room Tip: Very convenient location. Close to pizza place (downstairs) and beach (half block).
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
BMitchellvsaresorts, Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2016

Thank you for such a great review of our location and amazing staff members. Our activities team, including Joanna, work hard to personalize your experience as they very knowledgeable about our local restaurants (including Roma’s NY Pizza located within the Ocean Key Resort), great attractions, historic

Reviewed March 9, 2016

*EDITED* My family and I initially booked a week long stay through AFVC and stayed at The Atrium last spring. I booked our trip with the intention of house hunting prior to relocating to the Hampton Roads area the following month. During our stay, we were invited to attend a timeshare presentation hosted here at the Ocean Key. We were advised that it was going to take no more than two hours of our time and we agreed that it would be worth checking out. We arrived, checked in, met with the representative that would take us on the tour of the resort, and eventually sat down to discuss our options. It took longer than two hours, but at the end of the day, we got a great deal on our investment and tons of great information from our host.

We ended up relocating to the area as anticipated the following month and had paid a visit to this particular resort location a few times to hang out in the activity center, cool off in the pool, or take advantage of the one day parking pass so that we could visit the beach and cruise on the boardwalk prior to the end of last year.

Recently, I have found myself coming daily (at least for the last month) to take advantage of the other amenities offered by the resort, specifically the gym equipment in the activity center. I don't consider myself to be a gym rat by any stretch of the imagination and I would never compare the quality of the equipment offered here to equipment at other gym-specific establishments in the area; however, I can say this much - whether you are a guest at the resort or an owner who resides in the area, if you need to get into a gym to get in a good sweat and don't want to pay a daily visit fee or invest in a monthly membership - swing by here and use the facility provided.

The gym is located within the resort activity center on the 3rd floor and overlooks the pool and hot tub and is open from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. daily. It is big enough to fit 4-5 adults comfortably without everyone feeling like they are on top of each other and getting in the way. They always have a good supply of towels, water & cups, and clorox wipes (to wipe down the machines after use) on hand. When they run out of something, all I have to do is bring it to their attention and it is restocked. They recently repainted the walls throughout the activity center and last Monday they installed new flooring in the gym area. On that particular Monday, I was able to visit the Ocean Sands resort and use the gym facility there and I have to admit, although I was the only individual in there at the time - it felt a little claustrophobic compared to the gym area here at the Ocean Key.

Occasionally, I'll bring my teenaged sons with me to the activity center to workout, but more often than not they're either hanging out in the lounge and watching t.v., shooting pool or playing air hockey, using the complimentary computer in the lounge, or playing in the arcade. At least two or three times a week, we'll swing by so the boys can take a dip in the pool and I can soak in the hot tub. I understand that there is a tanning bed available by appointment; although, I haven't found need to use it yet (I'm blessed with the ability to get a good tan in the shade or when it's overcast out).

Over the past month, I have had the pleasure of receiving absolutely outstanding customer service from the following individuals: (Front Desk) Kat, Annabelle, Brett, Dylan, and Abe. The front desk staff is always warm, welcoming, and friendly.

Kat was actually the front desk rep that brought to my attention that the gym was closed last Monday so they could install the new flooring and asked me if I wanted to use the gym equipment at the Atrium or Ocean Sands, and even called ahead to the Ocean Sands to let them know that I was on my way.

This past Saturday, I had the pleasure of speaking with Abe over the phone. I had called to inquire if anyone had turned in a pair of sunglasses and an eyeglass case to lost & found. I wasn't 100% sure if I had left it here the day before or misplaced it elsewhere. Within 30 minutes, Abe retraced my steps and checked in both lost & found, the pool, and the activity center to see if anyone had turned it in or if it had not yet been found. He called back and advised me that so far nothing had been turned in and indicated that he took down my number and would speak with housekeeping and would call if it turned up later. Unfortunately, my things were never turned in but I do appreciate the effort he took to assist in resolving this issue.

(Activity Center) Joanna, Will, India, Josh, and "Dilligan". Majority of my interaction with resort staff have been with these five individuals. Like the front desk staff, they too are welcoming, friendly, and attentive. Joanna is always keeping me posted about upcoming events. Will once asked if I wanted him to put in a recommendation to have showers installed for use after working out in the gym. India, Josh and Dilligan are very good about checking in on me and asking if there is anything that I need or that they can get for me during our visits.

(Housekeeping) Robert, Todd, and Jerald: These gentlemen do an excellent job of maintaining the cleanliness of the facility and are expeditious in doing so. I visit around the same time of day, so I usually see them cleaning the activity center, lobby, or pool area.

It is quite clear, that all of the individuals named above (and the others individuals I have seen in passing and don't know your name or have only interacted with once or twice) take pride in their work, and it shows. You probably don't hear it as often as you should but thank you. I appreciate you and all that you do to make my time at the resort each day enjoyable. It is nice to see so many friendly familiar faces day-to-day and makes my time in the Hampton Roads area that much better.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2016

A special thank you from all of our VSA Resort team members, including those mentioned in your amazing review! We appreciate you taking the time to provide a more extensive view of the Ocean Key Resort accommodations, and all the wonderful staff that work in unison to make your experience as wonderful as it has been for both you and your family! We are ecstatic to learn of your excitement regarding your new investment and that you enjoy the daily use of our fitness facility as well as the option to use our sister properties; the Atrium and Ocean Sands Resorts. We take pride in our personalized customer service and family fun atmosphere and welcome you as a new owner with VSA Resorts!
Happy house hunting!
VSA Resorts family

Reviewed February 29, 2016 via mobile

Went on the mini vac to take 2 hour tour. Very interested in owning timeshare. Called and was told I could Rqst ocean view but not guaranteed, understandable. At checkin was told it would be 28 extra a night, then told since we taking tour it could be accommodated. Was charged the upgrade anyhow. Balcony door would not stay shut, most annoying thing ever. Top's to pots were stuck inside pans. Went on 2 hour presentation and was told ahead of time would receive voucher for cruise with airfare even if ownership is not purchased (I asked). After presentation man refused and kept saying I had to buy to get gifts.... I have never been so pressured for my money I'm my life. Will be going to ocean beach club (diamond resorts) and your to buy there. Could only image how owners are treated after they sign.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Yourland S
Shuana T, Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2016

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your recent stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations as we strive to provide positive and memorable experiences for all of our guests. Your feedback regarding your unit will be addressed immediately. However, the free unit upgrade and incentive gifts are normally given upon your completion of the presentation. Our records indicate you left and did not return, and after making several attempts to reach you, sent them to your address provided.

Reviewed February 24, 2016

Great access to the beach and the strip. Very very accommodating staff. Joanna in the kid craft area was great. If we needed something she went out of her way to get it. We will come back and stay again THANKS OCEAN KEY RESORT STAFF

Room Tip: ALso double check the hand soap and shower soap dispensers upon check in....ours were empty
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Ocean Key Resort and its great staff! Joanna and our team work hard to provided excellent customer service to all of our guests. I have addressed the concern regarding the soap dispensers and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to your return trip with your family!

Reviewed February 20, 2016 via mobile

Had a blast at the Ocean Key Resort. Friendly and accommodating staff. Clean suits with lots of room. The kitchenette was just what we needed and fresh coffee in the morning while sitting on the balcony looking at the waves was perfect. Had a late night and got a delicious pizza right there in the pizza restaurant that is open late. You can't beat the location. Famous Watermans is across the street where you can enjoy Sunday brunch and have an orange crush. Mahi mahs is just two blocks away for some fresh sushi prepared right in front of you. The Virginia Aquarium is a quick 3 minute drive and great for the kids. Also has a super cool ropes course for all ages. The Ocean Key Resort has everything you need for the perfect vacation at the beach. Can't wait to go back and visit again!!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jonathan Q

I am pleased to hear that the Ocean Key Resort was vital in your amazing vacation experience! Our convenient on site restaurant, Roma’s NY Pizza is in close proximity to other great restaurants, is a great advantage for our VSA Resorts timeshare owners and guests. I am glad you enjoyed the many family friendly activities available close by as well which makes us a great choice for a family vacation destination! I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience and I look forward to your next visit with us!