“No refund....Hurricane Irene is on the way...everything in VA beach canceled”
Review of The Seahawk

The Seahawk
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel in July 2011 the price was good so I made reservations in July to go back Aug 26, 2011...to stay for two nites, unknowing that Irene would be coming up the east coast. I called today Aug 25, to cancel and I was told that the first night would be charged to my credit card. I have friends that are staying at 5 different hotels in VA beach for this same weekend and all my friends were able to cancel their reservations with no penlty. Knowing that NC is evacuating all Visitors (NC is only an hour away down the coast) who in their right mind would go to VA beach only to be told to leave the area. I think Seahawk should have been More considerate. I think I will stay else where from now on.....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Seahawk

Reviewed 12 August 2011

I just made a reservation to stay at this motel for one night in September and I subsequently received a call telling me that I need to send a check or MO for the room rate for the night in order to confirm my reservation???This in spite of the fact that I used my credit card on their online reservation system to make the reservation? I have traveled all over the world and I have made reservations at hotels for many years and have NEVER been asked to send a check or MO to confirm the reservation. As a matter of fact we have never been charged until after check out. Needless to say I canceled the reservation. Curious to know if anyone else had to mail in a check before they actually arrived and stayed at this hotel when using the online reservation system, which by the way, says nothing about this whole mail a check after you give us our credit card number for a reservation.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Really enjoyed our stay at the seahawk in vb...best place ever...especially after we were forced to find other accomadations due to a horrible experience at another inn on pacific ave.Staff was courteous and pleasant and very hospitable. Every room had oceanfront view with balconies. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets. 100 paces from the shore. What could be better. Clean and well maintained, for what they charged this is a gem that deserves recognition. Will definately keep them in mind next season....family in total agreement!!!! Great place for kids of all ages. Thank you Mena and Ron for having us...CO and OB from Quebec....

1  Thank oolivieira
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Well it was different. We only stayed on nite at VA beach our trip was ending and leaving from ORF so I didnt want to spend 300.00 a nite on a hotel but maybe I should have. The room was right on the boardwalk with all rooms having an ocean view, with a balcony to sit on. Room was clean. The building is older and made of brick and metal doors so everytime someone shut their door you heard this big bang! It was during the heat wave so thank God our room stayed cool. I think this place would be great for younger people with kids, but we are older and next time Ill spend the extra oney for a nicer room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sliggy1
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Had a few days off we went to Virginia Beach from 7/18/11 to 7/21/11. We got a room at the Seahawk. The room was really nice and clean, and the people that worked there were really nice. Great location. You can't beat the price of the rooms. All oceanfront and the view was fantastic from the 5th floor.Thinking about going back in Sept. and will stay at the Seahawk for sure.

1  Thank Butterflyangel2b
Reviewed 22 July 2011

The parking at the Seahawk was terrible. Sometimes we had trouble parking. And even when we got a place it was hard to get in to. Also the mattress on the beds were in bad shape . Needs to be replaced. The location itself was good.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We visited VA Beach in July from Thurs – Sun w/ 13 & 14 yr old boys. This was our first overnight stay at VA Beach. I spent a week searching online for a hotel, but didn’t find anything in the price range with all the amenities I was searching for. We showed up to the beach Thurs afternoon and began calling all the smaller hotels that I did not see online. Within 20 mins we called about 10 hotels and found the Seahawk was the best for us. When we showed up they offered to show us the room and we were happy & took it immediately.

Location –We got an ocean front room on the 1st fl. The hotel is located on 26th st in the middle of all the action and the beach in this area was never over crowded. We parked the car & didn’t need to use it anymore. Everything we needed was within walking distance. Perfect location!

Room – We had a non smoking room w/ a mini fridge, microwave & cable TV. We had a nice sized balcony that we used often. I wish I took pics of the room because it was better than we expected for the price. It was cleaned daily and they always gave us extra towels, pillows & sheets (we tipped the housekeeper daily). The only minor complaints are no toiletries, poor wifi signal & no sofa bed. One night the AC broke down, but the room came with a small, very powerful fan that was perfect for the rest of the night. I called the front desk in the morning & they checked it out & fixed it quickly!

Parking – They have two parking lots. One is on-sight, but the spaces are very tight, so you have to be very careful opening the doors & moving the car. The other is across the street about 20 yards away. The on-sight lot seemed to fill up on the weekend, but there appeared to be empty spaces in the other lot. We didn’t move the car, so we didn’t really notice the parking lot much.

Pool & Spa – They have an indoor pool & spa. The pool was not heated, it was pretty cold for me, but the kids used it every day & were happy with it. We used the spa & were happy with the temp & powerful jets. Both appeared to be cleaned often.

The only real problem I had (I don’t think it’s the hotel’s fault) is that on Sat. night a hotel guest a couple of balconies to the right of us was entertaining a group of drunk men (non-guests) outside of their balcony & they stole the towels & swimsuits we had drying on the balcony. In hind-sight, I should’ve called the front desk and reported them since they were loud, drunk & running outside our balcony at 4 am (the last time I saw our towels). Be careful with your belongings on the 1st fl because the balcony gate is short enough for you to sit & have a great view, but also for intruders to reach over & grab your belongings.

Room Tip: 1st fl rm was perfect for our teenage boys to run in & out of & we could still keep an eye o...
3  Thank Lady202