“nice people on the beach great time.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Mechanicsville
“nice people on the beach great time.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

this was a last minute stop, Virginia beach waterfront hotel. Nice people...clean room. decent price. the boardwalk was a great thing to do in the evening, and there was music on the beach in the evening.

Room Tip: get a beach side room. lovely ocean sound and view, day and night.
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank wbwick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

After being diverted from the Outer Banks due to hurricane Irene, we headed to Virginia Beach. Not wanting to spend alot of money, we stopped at 12 hotels on Oceanfront. This hotel was the least expensive. Location and room were great for the price. Would go again. We did not eat in the hotel. so cannot rate food.

1 Thank marycairns56
Terrebonne, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

We booked this hotel mainly because it was ocean front and seemed acceptable considering it was cheaper than other hotels ocean front. And we were right.

The room was a good size, non-smoking (even on the balconies -- the hotel itself is non-smoking), lots of pillows and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean but really small (you can hit your arms on the counter when you go pee). The room also has a fridge (don't forget to turn it on if you want to use it !) but there is no safe in the room. TV offers many, many channels.

The rooms offer a great ocean view and compared to the hotel beside, there are no seagulls flying around the balcony due to the "do not feed seagulls" policy, which is nice. In the morning, around 7-8 a.m. you can see the dolphins waving in the ocean.

The hotel has a restaurant. We ate there for lunch and it was good and affordable.

The hotel has a lot of parking, which is included in the price.

We would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

3 Thank Starfish03
Bloomfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

Our hotel itself was very nice, but the staff was very rude. We asked them to split our room 5 ways between the 5 people in our room and the front desk clerk gave us a huge attitude. It took him 30 minutes to do it and we had to explain it to him several times. They never asked how our stay was and to run one of our credit cards again at the end of our stay. Also the maid only made my bed 3 out of the 8 nights we stayed there and barley cleaned the room. The service at the resturant was very slow, we got our food before our drinks and our food was cold. We had to wait forever for our check as well.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lbachman789
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Great value, awesome location, staff was very helpful and nice (except, we were there for two days and the rooms were never cleaned by hotel staff, which seemed to baffle the front desk attendants)
The hotel restaurant - Neptune's seafood buffet - was way over priced ($30) but the food seemed ok. I didn't actually try it because we found a less expensive restaurant, same food offerings, nearby for about $10/person less.
Upon checkout we were given a coupon for 15% off our next stay which was really nice and I'll probably book with them again the next time i visit VA Beach

Room Tip: Call the hotel to make special requests, they are very obliging
1 Thank elibe07
Laval
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed at the Oceanfront Inn during the dates of July 31st to August 5th, 2011. What a great hotel, and very reasonably priced. We had a King size bed, a private balcony over-looked the ocean, with a small fridge in it, and a coffee maker, a full bathroom, which the staff kept SPOTLESSLY clean.

The hotel as a whole was spotlessly clean with staff cleaning into the late evening. Everybody was very helpful polite and courtesy with us.

I can not say enough about the restaurant, Neptune's the service is very fast and friendly, the breakfasts are the best around. Plus, we ended up getting a free breakfast one morning. Our lovely waitress had an emergency and had to leave suddenly, as a result the restaurant manager decided that we warranted a free breakfast because our waitress had to leave. I had the most incredible crab meat omelet that morning with all the fixings. My husband had a big boy breakfast, perfect and FREE!

Room Tip: Be specific in your needs, and be polite, respectful and courtesy.
2 Thank 3katsunk
Ansted, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed here the first week of August!! It Was Great!!! Staff was very friendly, nice, and alot of help!! We even bought one son a bike and our other son a skateboard and needed a screwdriver to put the wheels on and one of the staff members bought a screwdriver to our room for us then when my other sons bike somehow got a flat tire another staff member told us where we could go to get it fixed so they were very helpful. I have seen alot of complaints on here about this hotel but I have to say that this has been the best and cheapest and I've stayed at alot of hotels in my lifetime!! Hotel was clean and rooms were clean!! I couldn't of asked for a better vacation and my kids loved it!!

Location is excellent to and they have some pretty good stores to shop at in the area and it's pretty close to walmart and alot of other places to, the neptune statue was awesome to look at and the balcony view was awesome!!

The Only thing that I did not like about this hotel was when I booked it I did not know that it was all smoke free meaning I couldn't smoke on the balcony so anytime I wanted a cig I had to walk out to the boardwalk to smoke when was kinda hard for me because I'm a chain smoker and I stay up late so it forced me to retire early so I wouldn't crave a smoke break and the other thing was the icemaker!! It's a good one and worked well but when me and my son went to get some ice one night i almost got in a agrument with another person staying there that was in the room right across from the ice maker and she was yelling at me to be quiet but that was kinda hard to do when it wasn't my fault but other then this I would stay here again but I really wished they'd have at least one or two floors that were for smokers because I heard a few other customers complain about this as well!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront!! View Is Awesome!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family