“Good Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

We went there for lunch. The food was good, not great. The margarita was below average. For an area that is not known for Mexican cuisine it does the job, but it’s no memorable.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed this moderately priced restaurant. The waiter was very pleasant, the food was plentiful and very good. They start you off with complimentary salsa and chips. It came with a second spicy sauce that my husband enjoyed. He ordered steak fajitas. There was plenty of it and it came with rice and beans and 3 or 4 tortillas. The refried beans and rice were equal to any we've had. I ordered the quesadilla Atlantica. I did request it to be light on the cheese but it came with far more than I like. But that was a subjective issue that I can't fault them for. I would order again but not with cheese. We went at 4 PM and were the only people in the dining area. We were not rushed at all. We will definitely go back on our next vacation here.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

We came in on Saturday, late afternoon and were greeted warmly and delivered our drinks promptly. My wife had a great margarita and I ordered the Michelada with Modelo Especial. Best Michelada I have ever had (please share the recipe). We shared a big plate of mixed ceviche with fish, shrimp and squid dressed in a delicious leche de tigre. We also enjoyed a taquito appetizer and the seafood chimichanga (plus a taco al pastor -- also delicious if not a touch expensive at $4). All in all, great service, exceptional food, good value, and just two blocks from our hotel. Thank you Side Street Cantina. We will return next time we come to VB!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Spacious seating inside and the food was great. The portions were generous and the food was not too salty. Right off the main strip, easy walk from hotels and the beach! The lunch combo was great...you get to try two things!

Reviewed September 2, 2018

Our last night in VA Beach and we did not want to walk far so we stopped into this location. We are glad that we did, the food was really good as was the service, (except for the tableside guac which was alright but not worth the price). We both had the "Chimichanga" dinners and other apps which were really good.

Date of visit: August 2018