All reviews front desk room was clean nice stay definitely stay here again coffee maker trina motel housekeeping
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

The lady at the the desk named Trina made my stay at the hotel great! Had a couple issue and everything she handled it for me no problem with a smile! They need more employees like her! I would stay here again!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

While staying at the Red Roof we encountered a few issues but with extreme help from Trina who worked at the front desk our stay ended up being much better than expected. She provided excellent customer service. She is the main reason that me and my family would consider staying here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2017

I like staying in Red Roofs because they encourage bringing your pet. This hotel needs some Management involvement and possibly Red Roof Management. The Desk Clerk checking me in, was slower than molasses. I had to come back later in the evening (temperature was extremely cold and my lady and dog were locked out of the room) to get my key rekeyed to enter the room. Took the same deskclerk forever to rekey the key.
Room: Asked for housekeeping to come and vacuum the dirty floor. They had already gone home. The phone did not work, plus housekeeping left the telephone cord laying on the floor (cord that connects reliever to the phone itself) The mattresses needed replaced long time ago. Some type of sign needs to be placed in the room stating there is radiate heat instead of regular heat. The room was cold because we didn't know of the radiate heat and how to control the temp. The lady at the desk when I checked out, was very apologetic and gave me a partial refund. Management needs to at least spot check the rooms and ensure their housekeeping is cleaning the room properly and establish some type of schedule to replace the worn out mattresses.
Very disappointed with this location.

Room Tip: Check your room before bringing in your belongings
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2018

Dear Mr. Stan M.
Thank you for taking time out to write a review about your stay. First, I am truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you feel you experienced. As you can see from our other reviews that we work very hard to ensure all our guests have a great experience. It’s our number goal to make sure all our guest feels welcomed and enjoy a clean comfortable stay and leave happy with a great experience. Thanks for your feedback and we would hope that you would give us another opportunity in the future.
Wish you a very happy New Year.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Red Roof INN was excellent. Staff 100% professional, friendly, great location and clean rooms. Enjoyable atmosphere and I recommend this hotel. I liked the amenities.
The lobby can use a few upgrades. However, this is a place to stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devonne B
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

After driving 650 miles, it's always nice to know that I can count on seeing a friendly face at Redroof Inn at 196 Ballard Ct, Virginia Beach, VA 23462. No matter what time I roll into the lobby, with or without a reservation, I always get their best effort at getting me a room, discounted rate or early check-in, if its available to do so. Shante' is SUPER NICE, very genuine and helpful each visit I make. If more people were like her, everyone would benefit from it! They broke the mold and she is one of a kind. 5+ STARS!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo