“Another Fantistic stay by Marriott”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I again have always enjoyed staying at Marriott. I know that my room will be clean. The folks that work there are always smiling and friendly. Everyone greeted me like I was the most important person in the hotel. I enjoy speaking to the maintenance man, front desk and just about anybody the I encountered. I am a Marriott rewards member and I enjoyed the cookies upon my check in. I now only stay at Marriott properties and would suggest anyone to do the same. You will have a nice stay. Thanks again Marriott. My Friends look forward to returning for another fun weekend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMAN0431
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel! And, thank you for being a Marriott Rewards Member! I'm so glad you enjoyed the freshly baked cookies when you arrived! We bake them fresh every morning for our loyal Marriott Rewards Members! We appreciate your choice to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Oceanfront North and thank you for your recommendation to your friends and other site visitors!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Although we live less than an hour from Virginia Beach, and we know that staying on the beach during the winter is very different than the summer, we decided to take a mini-vaction for Valentines Day. We have stayed at this facility during the summer and knew that the rooms were great and the view was fantastic. We also knew that when they are fully staffed for the summer the service was also great, but we didn't know what to expect during the winter. We were much more than pleasantly surprised as we found that customer service was at it's peak during the non-peak period. We would especially like to thank Mandy at the front desk as she made sure that all of our needs were met (not to mention the tip about watching for dolphin from our balcony which was awesome). The rates are very reasonable during the off-season as compared to what you would normally pay at a resort area during the summer. We would most definitely do this again. Even the weather man was very cooperative.

Room Tip: The corner rooms provide wonderful views in three directions.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob3299
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for such a kind review! We sincerely appreciate your choice to spend Valentine's Day with us - I'm so happy you enjoyed your romantic mini-vacation with us! Our staff strives to consistently deliver a service of excellence no matter what time of the year. Mandy, one of our newest associates, was so excited to read your review! I hope you consider making this a wonderful tradition! Again, thank you for recognizing Mandy and we hope you continue to think of us when you need a quick getaway!

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We have been visiting this hotel at least annually for the past 6 years. It just gets better and better each time we go back. The pools are great. The beach is PERFECT. The rooms are so clean and quiet and nice! Nothing like sitting on your balcony at 8 a.m. and watching dolphins feed close to shore! The staff is always accomodating. The new breakfast bar/Starbucks thing is very cool too!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your continued stay with us! I'm glad your visits keep getting better! There's nothing like coming to a familiar place (a home away from home) to just sit and relax! And, I'm delighted you were able to take advantage of the Bistro & Starbucks! Please feel free to contact me directly for any reservations! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We were originally on our way to FL and the trip was canceled for several reasons outside our control. We decided to have a little Staycation (we're from Chesapeake) and I'd never actually stayed on the beach before. We have a fantabulous room on the top floor with a stunning view, the room was squeaky clean and the staff! Oh, the staff. Cheerful, helpful (at ANY time of the the day or night) they so impressed us that we decided to extend our stay here from two nights to five. I can't imagine a place with better service. It's at the quieter end of the strip, but not far from the hot spots out here and I think it's pretty darn perfect! I know if I come back, I'll be staying here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Wow! Thank you, Melissa B, for such a fabulous review! I am so glad our staff took care of you throughout your stay! I know they will be so excited to hear your kind comments. Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel! Please let me know if I can be of service for any other "staycations". Have a 'fantabulous' year!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I had to make a business trip to the Virginia Beach area and decided to stay at the Courtyard North property as it was a good value. In the Summertime, the rates at this hotel would be out of my league, but in Winter, they are much less. This hotel is fairly new and has plenty of parking, all rooms are beachfront. Upon check in I asked if I could be put on a high floor and was given a room on the 10th floor. The view was stunning and if it were just a bit warmer, I could have sat on the small patio watching the waves roll in. I really regretted having to leave this hotel and vowed to return when I'm in the area. This property also has an indoor pool and hot tub that overlooks the "concrete" boardwalk. The staff was very accommodating and overall, I had a great stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good here!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Thank you for your review! You picked a great time to visit us as we are not full-house throughout most of the winter. The overflow lot immediately across the street from the hotel makes it convenient for our guests to find additional parking when needed. I'm glad we were able to accommodate your high-floor request as it is much easier to do so during the off-season. I hope you choose to stay with us again and please don't hesistate to contact me directly if you need to make reservaitons. Take care and safe travels!

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I frequently visit this hotel for quick weekend getaways. Always clean. Always comfortable. Great staff. Well maintained. Visited the weekend of November 1st. Planning on returning the weekend of Jan 27th. A perfect, quick to get to location to just show up, relax, and return home refreshed. I have stayed her numerous times as a "couple's" weekend and have never experienced anything negative. The hotel's location is great because it is on the northend of the strip so it is away from the majority of the "noise" and action. The beds are incredible and everything inside the room is always spotless.

For the sake of providing an informative review I will suggest that before coming you check the Virginia Beach Convention Center schedule. As the Center and area is becomong more popular for regional and national events the hotel can become very crowded with a wide range of guests such as soccer, field hockey, and cheer teams - especially during the beach offseason.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front and have a balcony. The online description lists different types of rooms...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Halio571

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I appreciate your comments and the staff will be pleased to hear of your excellent review! Our hotel is indeed perfect for the quick getaway, or "staycation". I hope you continue to think of us for your next couple's weekend - Valentine's Day is just around the corner, afterall! Thank you, again, for your time and we appreciate all your feedback!

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Courtyard VA Beach North is the remodeled hotel. Courtyard South begins renovating this year. So, for the same price, I suggest you choose the Courtyard North on 37th & Atlantic. Room/bathroom was clean. All rooms have a view of the water.

Only one issue: I could just push hard on my hotel room door in order to open it. Didn't even need a key. This should be fixed ASAP!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AmianB
Iris C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/North 37th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Thank you for your review and the hotel tip regarding the renovation at Courtyard South. I am so sorry to hear that the door of your guest room did not latch effectively! I'll speak to our Engineering staff about this so we can ensure other guests don't have the same issue. I appreciate your feedback and I hope we can be of service to you in the future. Best wishes for you and your family in the New Year!