“Another Breakers stay”

The Breakers Resort Inn
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Spent one night in a family suite #507. As always the view was great. The room very spacious. Only issues were the ceiling in the bedroom was damaged and in need of or was ongoing a repair. Also the bathroom tile floors were dirty, the pull down bed had something sticky on the pull down part and there were socks and slippers left in the room from a previous guest. Those are maid issues. Don't let that deter you from staying there as its the first time I have been any dissatisfied. Other then that once again good job Breakers. Oh also the entire hotel property is smoke free now! A big plus for me anyways!

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank lt31251

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I just went there over the weekend for a getaway...The hotel was very clean and nice...Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean and the boardwalk...The staff was really nice and friendly...they all joked with us...the cafe had great food...my husband had the steak and egg platter and it was so tender and I had the crap omellet that was fantastic...I really loved the overall experience and we will be back...they say you get what you pay for but the price was great and the room was the same...so its not always true...I do recommend this hotel...p.s. When I booked the room I did ask to be as high and not above the pool and they did...we were on the 6th floor and was not above the pool...Great stay...

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank liamsmommie06
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My family, a total of six of us altogether, have stayed at the Breakers six times from 2001-2011 and have always enjoyed staying there. Yes, all rooms are oceanfront, but be sure to ask for a room that does NOT overlook the pool. Rooms over the pool are set back farther, and the view is not panoramic (no view to the south). Its also quieter if you aren't overlooking the pool.

My research has shown that this is the cheapest oceanfront hotel on the Va Beach strip. To find something cheaper you'd be across the street. In our experience, during the summer peak season,, the rooms have always been clean and well-kept, and the staff freindly. Yes, the elevator can be slow at "rush-hour" times (mostly midday and evening), and yes the parking lots are small and cramped, and yes the lobby and restaurant are small, as others have pointed-out, but how much time do you spend in those locations anyway? Just be careful in the parking lots - we've never had a problem.

We normally eat breakfast in the lobby restaurant at least once during our stay, and have found the food to be good and reasonably priced.

Our summer vacations have always been pleasant here, and I highly reccommend the Breakers if you can be happy without all of the "frills" of the more expensive beachfront hotels. We have never had any experience here that resembles those described in the less favorable reviews.

Room Tip: Not over the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank aaron c
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I took a group of teenagers to a Christian conference overnight and we chose Breakers for our stay. I was really impressed! The staff was friendly and the view from the rooms was fantastic! I found that the rooms were clean and well maintained and it suited our purposes just fine. I recommend it to anyone, and my husband and I plan to come back soon...(alone this time)!

Room Tip: We had the suites with two double beds and pull out bed and a couch.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed at The breakers in January and it was a great value! $50 for an oceanfront room with a balcony. The room was clean with a microwave and small fridge. Location is perfect, right next to the pier. The Boardwalk Cafe in the hotel is great for breakfast, reasonably priced. Friendly staff, we will be back,

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shell5786
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in August for a vacation and 3 nights in October for business purposes. This hotel is very average and in some area needs some tlc. However, the price is right, the rooms were clean and location is good. Most staff are friendly but some look like they aren't overly happy to see you.

I would return based on cleanliness and affordability.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jays201517
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Can't beat the location of this hotel, right on the boardwalk close to the pier. The elevator was slow and hot, and the parking was crowded, but it was all worth it because the price was good and you don't spend much time in the hotel anyways. The room itself had plenty of room, and having a fridge and microwave cut down on restaurant costs. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family