“I loved their cookies!!”
Review of Max and Erma's - CLOSED

Max and Erma's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

The burgers were delicious! Sadly I couldn't finish it all but its a must try! And the kids meal was perfect for the little one! Took my boyfriend for his birthday and he had the Athena burger! It looked amazing just as the taste!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Coming from out of town, we stopped at this restaurant without a clue! The decor at this location was totally fun. The menu had lots of good choices. Our waiter was fantastic. The manager came to see us several times. When we asked for a dessert that was "out" ... they comped out replacement order. I'm not sure what it would be like later in the evening, when the sailors and bar crowd would be there, but we had a great time there.
NOTE: many items were available in either "Max" or "Erma" size!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Upon walking in we were told there would be a 10 minute wait to be seated which isnt bad but there were clearly plenty of tables empty. Then after waiting we were seated by the bar in the very back next to the service station. We waited at least another 10 minutes before someone came to the table. Not everyone received silverware even after asking and one of the ones we received was very dirty. We ordered and took a long time to receive our food even though they werent busy. The food was awful and we felt sick the rest of the night and the next morning. There were no salt and pepper shakers at the table either. The whole experience was terrible and I would advise anyone to steer clear of this place. Poor service and poor food.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

we stopped here in the mid-afternoon. we enjoyed the food. my tortilla soup bowl was much smaller than I remember them being when I first went about a decade(?) ago. portion sizes for my reuben and soup were smaller compared to back then. my reuben used to be stuffed and soooo good, but now it isn't as tasty but still good. tortilla soup seems the same just disappointingly less, which is unfortunate. getting our food was agonizingly slow for a non-rush time so we probably won't come back because of that - why pay and then be treated disrespectfully with a long wait during a non-rush time? we actually liked this one better than the norfolk one at the norfolk hilton because of the service, but the service evidently has gone downhill, which is why we stopped going to the norfolk hilton max & erma's. soooo still recommend it tempered with having had much better experiences in the past than current. recommend they get their staff trained properly for a service industry - it's very critical especially when not going out as much due to the down economy...

Reviewed 14 June 2013

The service was terrible. The place was empty and it still took about 5 minutes to be seated. It looked like they only had one server working during the dinner hours. There were 2 other tables besides us. It took forever to get our drinks. She took our order and everything came out at the same time. Appetizer, soup and entrée. the food was alright, nothing great. The tortilla soup is very good. This place is in a hotel, but I am sure no one stays be cause of the restaurant. Not sure I will go back