“Dessert to go”
Review of Max and Erma's - CLOSED

Max and Erma's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Me and m'lady stopped here after hearing that the cookies were awesome - they were! You can order cookies in half or full dozens. We spoke with bartender Emma who was very pleasant and down to earth (I hate "fake" service staff so she was a breath of fresh air). Visual scan of the eatery revealed a live performer playing guitar and singing songs in the corner along with some dishes that looked pretty darn good for a bar attached to a hotel. Next time I am in VA Beach I will be trying this place out for more than dessert

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Went to this place during a none peak time. Took a few minutes to get seated which was fine. Server came to get drink order in timely fashion and came back some 15 to 20 minutes later. Barely checked on us and never did get drink refills. Took about 45 minutes to get check. Will .ot go back to this location.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Located in the Doubletree, the location is obviously convenient if you're at that hotel. The menu wasn't particularly deep, but had the usual 'american' fare that you can find at most chain type sit down dining places (burgers, sandwiches, salads). The wait staff was pretty laid back, and the atmosphere was relaxed. Overall, the food wasn't spectacular (breadsticks were kind of cold and lame) or anything worth getting excited over. The salad was nothing special, but not bad either. There are better places to eat at, but worse as well.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my first time going to a Max & Erma's restaurant. The service was excellent, smiles on everyone from the time I walked in to the time I left. My server Edwin was the best, he was conversational but not too personal. Even the Manager came by to say "Hi" and ask how everything was. On Wednesday nights they has 2 free home made warm cookies with your meal, which were very tasty. The Philly Steak had great flavor and the meat was tender. I will definitely be going there a lot.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Never even heard of this place before. We were driving around the area and noticed this place next to a mall. We wanted to try some place new so we stopped in for lunch around 1:30 PM on a Friday. There weren't a lot other customers in there at the time (maybe two other parties). We were seated right away. Our orders were taken and we were served in a prompt manner without any problems.

We shared an order of Soft Pretzel Sticks which came with beer cheese sauce for $8.29. They were tasty. We asked for another cup of beer cheese sauce and one was brought right out to us. As my main entree, I ordered the Laredo Steak for $16.29. The picture on the menu looked appealing. It was delicious and I absolutely devoured it from the sirloin right down to the fire-roasted potatoes & sautéed baby green beans. They put something called cactus butter on the steak. Yummy.

They had outdoor seating as well as indoor. Kids eat free every Tuesday. They give out 2 free cookies with purchase every Wednesday. They have live music every Thursday 6 til 9. Unfortunately, we went on a Friday so we didn't get anything special. I wish there was a Max and Erma's in Maryland :(