Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Toronto, Canada
“awesome view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We just stayed one night here. We arrived late night, but the lady at the front desk was friendly and the lobby looked welcoming. We had a room on the 9th floor oceanfront, so we were able to enjoy the view over the water by fullmoon light and listen to the sound of the ocean,romantic.We watched the sun coming up the next morning, awesome, some dolphins were swimming near the beach...we have to come back and stay longer than one night here!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AuB09
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
I am glad to hear that we made your stay very pleasant and Im glad you got a great view of the ocean and dolphins. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Very pleasant 5 nights spent at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. Clean, spacious comfortable rooms and wonderful front desk staff. Breakfasts got boring after a couple of days and breakfast area personnel were efficient but rather grumpy. Good location and easy access to Boardwalk and pier. Only negative was the heat/air conditioning. Unit was very dirty and wouldn't cycle on and off by itself. Maintenance was prompt and "fixed" it each time they were called, but unit never did work properly. But all in all, I was very pleased with the hotel, and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Had the corner room on top floor...excellent ocean view and very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your 5 nights with us. Even though our engineer was able to attend to your needs and got your A/C working, I am sorry to hear that it still was not working right for you during you stay. We do hope that you and your family will think of the Fairfield Inn when you visit Virginia Beach again in the future.
Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites the first week in march. It was a last minute trip to VA Beach and I didnt have a room booked. This hotel was the first one I went into and I was pleasantly Surprised with the condition of the hotel/lobby. When I went to the front desk, the girl asked for the reservation and I let her know we were a walk-in and didnt have a reservation. The rate changed throughout the stayed but she was extremely kind and adjusted each night to the same rate.
The room was immaculate. Looked like it had just been re-done and even smelled new. The balcony was amazing and the view added to a perfect stay.
The hotel seemed empty. However the next morning I went down to grab coffee and it was insane with the amount of people. I would have never known with how quiet our stay was. Even with the amount of people, the continental breakfast area was stocked and clean. The Staff was very on top of everything.
When leaving, The housekeeper was about to clean the room next to us. She saw us with our luggage, asked if we needed help and then told us to have a safe trip home.
I personally work at a boutique hotel and was so excited to see this extreme level of service at a hotel I didn't even research. I will definitely be back to stay.

Room Tip: Was on a low floor and the view was still amazing.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rebecca P
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
I am so happy to hear that you loved our hotel and even more so that you will be coming back to stay with us again. We are always happy to know that we gave our guests an enjoyable experience and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I come to Virginia Beach at least once a year and the Fairfield Inn is a great place to stay. It's more in the middle of the resort strip and mostly everything is walkable. The staff is great, except for this one time.

I didn't really feel welcomed and it bothers me because it seem to the front desk representative that we were a burden when we came in March 18th. I don't know if it was because we had a discounted room rate or she was having a bad day by the end of her shift that afternoon, but the first thing that was said was "We have a waitlist" and shows this list to us (which I started to worry if I had anyplace to stay) and then proceeds to say, "You're lucky you have a room."

Working front desk in the past, I would never have the audacity to do that to any guest, and in the tone she gave. I do expect better from Marriott employees. The upside, the evening and night representatives were true professionals and were quite kind.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Im so sorry your check-in experience did not meet your Marriott needs. I sent you email to get some more information on the person who checked you in and I will be speaking to that person with my manager. I am glad to hear that everything else with you stay went well and I hope that your check in experience will not keep you from choosing to stay with us again in the future. I will be looking for you email response and I hope to hear back from you soon.
Watertown, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Had a very pleasant three night stay in March.The staff is helpful and the room was clean. The only negative is that the towels and linens were little thread bare. Breakfast is plentiful and they started it earlier to accommodate those who were running the half or full marathon.
Nice quiet location on the boardwalk and close to restaurants. Great to sit on your own balcony watching the ocean and the sunset.

Room Tip: The upper floors means you can avoid the noise of the boardwalk especially if it it high season.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank caffe_espresso
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the towels in your room and I will bring that up with the housekeeping manager. They are in the process of fixing the situation with the towels. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Highly recommended!! The staff at the front desk were extremely nice and helpful. The attitude of the entire staff was absolutely outstanding. Jessie McCabe, the manager was very professional and I do not think she could have made my experience any better. Overal I give the hotel and staff 100% , and an A+!! This hotel know what's going on as far as guest satisfaction!!!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Ty-neal
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
We were so happy to have you stay with us and even more happy knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the staff. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Diana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Nice hotel .....every room has a balcony with a nice view of the ocean. The breakfast in the morning is very basic but gets the job done. The staff was friendly and helpful, I would stay here again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ntirish
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.