Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
US$157
Country Inn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$224
  • Beachfront
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$348
US$235
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$160
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$214
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$205
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$119
Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$178
US$229
US$219
GardenInn.com
All reviewsfront deskindoor poolfree breakfastyogurtwould definitely stay here againking suiteoff seasonthe breakfast areaparking garageexercise roompull out sofaview from the balconybeach accessvirginia beach oceanfrontnice stayatlantic avehousekeeping staff
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

The Fairfield Inn was the perfect location for our first family trip to Virginia Beach. We enjoyed the beach, boardwalk, the pier, the Neptune sculpture, local restaurants and stores from this spot. The hotel is very clean and full of friendly, hospitable employees. I have nothing but good things to say about our stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg C
Kelly B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Hello Greg C,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the surrounding area. Your wonderful comments will be shared with the team. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

This hotel has 1 MAJOR problem and her name is Kelly. She's suppose to be a supervisor, but we found her to be the most condescending, rude, unhelpful woman ever! She spoke to us as if we were children she was scolding instead of the mid-thirty Marriott Gold members that we are. I won't go into detail about the issues we faced, but when one employee is telling us we are absolutely right and she's telling us we're making things up there's a problem. With that said, this hotel is SO LUCKY to have other staff and supervisor. I could not speak more highly of Morgan and Thomas, who were both understanding, polite and more than willing to help us. They are the ONLY reason my review is 2 stars instead of 1. If it was just based on kelly I'd give zero stars if possible! That being said I will not be staying there again, and this was my second time there, just to avoid kelly!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greegs
Jim K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Dear Greegs,
Thank you for staying with us and taking complete a review of your stay. I am pleased to learn of your positive experiences with members of the front desk team and sorry to learn you had a bad experience with one of our team members. Rest assured I will follow up and make sure we make the necessary corrections going forward. I hope that you change your mind and will give us another opportunity. Next year we will have a renovated hotel to show you.

Again, I appreciate your comments. Thank you for staying with us.

Jim Kinane

Reviewed July 5, 2017

We totally enjoyed our stay at this Virginia Beach oceanfront location. The hotel was extremely clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was quiet and serene. My only complaint is that the staff needs to reinforce the parking space rules. There was a lot of unauthorized parking during the weekend of our stay (6/23-6/25), which was unfair to those of us with parking passes, but no where to park. Also, the hotel staff needs to clamp down on inconsiderate guess who take up two parking spaces. Other than that, the staff does a great job. We plan to return, hopefully soon.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Kelly B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Hello charmainjones8,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate the comments and suggestions our guests offer. Your review will be shared with the team. We are delighted to hear you will be coming back to stay with us. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

We only stayed one night. The staff at check in and check out were unbelievably courteous to me, other staff and guests. I sat downstairs to drink a cup of coffee. Watching the staff, they genuinely took interest in each guest.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello tralam1,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for the Fairfield Inn and Suites. We are delighted you had the opportunity to see how important our guests are to each employee. Your comments will be shared with the team. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

I will break down my review in multiple sections. I'll start with the good and I'll end with the unfortunate not so good. Let it be known up front that I had two rooms for five nights at the end of June so as you could imagine, this was a multiple thousand dollar reservation.

The hotel is in a fantastic location and has pretty decent parking. Like most oceanfront hotels you will have people parking in the lot that do not belong there and are not staying in the hotel. Like most hotels, they say they patrol, but they don't and you end up getting quite angry.

The rooms are very nice and have great appeal especially for an older hotel. The carpets and bathrooms are very dated and need to be updated ASAP, especially for what they charge.

The views from the room are amazing and you truly can not have a bad balcony. I definitely suggest floor three or higher.

The breakfast was good but with only one attendant she was struggling keeping things stocked and one morning they ran out of forks. They have your typical eggs, sausage, and sometimes bacon. As usual they have an assortment of cereal and breads to toast. Guests who pay this much money really shouldn't have to worry about food being gone so fast but we understood.

Now for the WORST part. The pool was murky and green. Not just one day or one night but for the ENTIRE week. When I brought it up to the manager (middle aged woman with glasses) she initially approached me as a huge annoyance and wanted to end our conversation as fast as possible. I asked "Is the pool always as murky as it is now?" She looked at me with a face of anger and disgust and completely blew me off. She replied "No, we check our chemicals every two hours and I'll have someone check it." And she literally walked away. Not an I'm sorry or I'll do something immediately.

Again, a multiple thousand dollar trip with two rooms for five nights and this is how I'm talked to? The pool was SO bad that my mother (who is 64 and on her first beach vacation in ten years) barely could stomach swimming in the pool. This is completely UNACCEPTABLE. Not to mention for two nights straight the quote on quote hot tub was barely above bath water temperature.

This manager and this pool is what prevented me from immediately reserving for next year. Not only will I be writing here but Marriott will be getting a lengthy email about this pool and RUDE manager. It's sad because everything else was pretty decent and I believe we would have booked our rooms here again next year. But now because of this situation I don't think we will.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Jim K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Dear HenryLabs10 ,
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn Oceanfront and for being a valued Marriott Rewards member! We are glad you enjoyed your comfortable, clean room, our breakfast selections on the Breakfast bar and the Customer service provided by our staff, but we are sorry you encountered issues at with our pool and the reporting of your concern. We also have at least 2-3 breakfast staff servicing the buffet, one cooking, one replenishing and one wiping tables and cleaning up. Our pool gets a tremendous amount of usage and the amount of sand gets stired up makes the water somewhat cloudy. It is vacuumed upon closing when it settles and then it starts the process again. It is correct that the chemicals are checked every 2 hours I do apologize for the response and lack of helpfulness when you were reporting this situation. We hope you will change your mind and visit us in the future as we would love the opportunity of welcoming you back!
Best regards,