“OH YEAH!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Catch 31
Ranked #14 of 1,405 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: For avid diners who are visiting Virginia Beach or live within 20 miles of the VB Oceanfront and are looking for the premier dining location, Catch 31 with unique oceanfront dining vignettes and located on the most recognized and valuable real estate in Virginia Beach offers the largest selection of fresh fish and seafood delivered in contemporary style and with high energy.
virginia beach
“OH YEAH!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

this is my favorite restaurant and bar for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! wonderful location, parking, atmospher and scenary!

Norfolk, Virginia
“over priced - un friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

okay this is ocean front but it is over priced and pretentious. people who hang here are NOT friendly, I would rather travel out of town to meet nicer people. I was born in this town and when I go here to eat or drink I feel as if I am a freak who noone wants to say hello to, let alone converse with.

2 Thank Rebecca H
Yorktown, Virginia
“trendy- fun-noisy atmosphere, great food and large bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

a trendy seafood restaurant and bar right on the ocean. tends to be popular, at least during the summer/spring. has an indoor and outdoor area. outdoor area has live bands on some nights and fire pits. def check it out, its my favorite restaurant in VA beach. they stick to their dress code so def give them a call before you go and make sure what you are wearing is OK.

Visited July 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food. Expensive but worth the splurge.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had a great dining experience at Catch 31. We had the calamari appetizer, which was excellent. The lobster ravioli and bronzed mahi mahi were also very good. The service was knowledgeable and multiple people made sure everything was going well. The cheesecake desert was great and enough for two people. Although expensive, I would definitely return to Catch 31. As an aside we saw a few families with kids, and I really don't see this as a "child friendly" restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Will not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

After trying this restaurant againt this weekend I will not be returning. In July my husband and I decided to try Catch 31 for our anniversary dinner. During our meal we noticed the gentleman at the table next to us having a very tough time with an order of crab legs butter and food were all over the table and plastic place mats. The couple finished their meal and their table was set for the next guest. I noticed that the person clearing the table had left the plastic mats on the chairs while they changed the linens. Once finished with the linens they placed the same mats (not wiped down at all) on the table and set the table turning the water glass for the next guest directly onto the place mat rim side down. I continued to watch as each table was turned over in the same fashion. We had not been back since, until yesterday when a couple of friends asked us to meet them there for breakfast. We decided to give the place a second try much to my dismay the same practice of placing the mats on the chair back and not wiping the down was still being done. Upon leaving I asked the gentleman who was prepping the last table if they ever cleaned the place mats and I was told, "yeah some times why?" I pointed out a very large spot on one of the mats that had been returned to another table being prepared for lunch service. When the gentleman walked over to the table and attempted to scrape off the debris with his hand I was shocked. Their lack of sanitary conditions will keep me from ever returning to this restaturant. I am in no way a germaphobe but when you place peoples water glasses down rim first on an item that is never sanitized this is nasty. Since there was 6 months in between visits I am quite sure that this is not just an issue with the personel seem more like a management issue.

• Visited March 2012