“Beautiful Proposal Weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Country Villa B&B Inn & Day Spa
Alexandria, Virginia
“Beautiful Proposal Weekend”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Where do I begin when talking about Petie, Phil, and their wonderful Country Villa Inn.

From the moment I spoke with Petie on the phone, I knew this was the place I wanted to propose to my long-time girlfriend and best friend. Petie was great in offering suggestions and helping me plan this special day. My now Fiancé is a romantic so I wanted this proposal to be AMAZING and UNFORGETABLE. Petie and Phil helped make that a reality. The experience was, well, like my fiancé whispered to me...“I feel like I’m in a movie”.

From the wine, rose petals, and carefully orchestrated mood lighting, to her creativity and incredible desert making ability, Petie’s attention to detail made all the difference.

While their website needs improvement (and they’ve had the most unfortunate luck) it is by no means an indication of the quality of service you will receive or the beauty of the Inn. It is a special place that you will never regret spending your time at.

Thank you so much for EVERYTHING Petie and Phil. We're forever grateful.

Pablo & Melanie

Room Tip: Choose the "le chambre d'Elodie" room. Sliding door leads directly to pool and hot tub...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

For our first wedding anniversary in late April we chose to stay @ this little B&B in - we thought - VA Beach.
Actually was in Sandbridge - 15 minutes away from the VA Beach boardwalk chaos.
Being this is our first time @ a B&B, we didn't really know what to expect.

We arrived Saturday & Petie took us around to show us the amenities:
The drink bar.
The courtyard.
The hot tub.
& asked us what we wanted to do & gave us directions to get to the beaches @ Sandbridge & dinner recommendations.

The Inn had 2 bedrooms suites on the first floor - each with included private bathrooms.
There are common areas between the suites - primarily living, family, & dining.

Decor was tastefully done & warm.

Things that really stood out for us was:

Petie & Phil - great & friendly owners. Everything was possible with them.
I had arranged with them a couple of days ahead to get a small replica of our wedding cake made & it was put in our room after we had come back from the beach. Sooo yummmy!
room was filled with wine, rose petals & card for our anniversary weekend.

So thoughtful & just the right touch!

Quiet - The B&B was located in a very quiet area on a side road.
No noise & you can really relax here.

Massages - the Villa has a massage area & we were treated to a wonderful couple's massage by the professional masseuses that were contracted in.

Hot tub - we were able to partake in the courtyard hot tub under the stars. Very relaxing & with the tiki torches set up by the owners - it was wonderful!

Sandbridge Beach - Quite, no hotels, plenty of sand real estate for us. Think every man's exclusive Malibu or Hamptons ;)

Breakfast - Lets just say that this the the crown on top of the head - don't be late!

Overall, we had a great time on our first of many visits to the Country Villa B&B.
We can't wait to come back again in the future & would recommend this B&B to all who want to get away from it all even at the beach & be pampered way beyond the norm.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Caylan
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this B&B 3 times now, including on our honeymoon. It has been a wonderful experience every time. The rooms are clean, charming and a great place to relax (especially the large jacuzzi tub!). They are located on opposite ends of the house, so they are very private. The breakfast is amazing!! Petie is a truly a great chef, and her and Phil work so well together to serve you the most delicious breakfast you have ever had. They truly make you feel at home throughout the whole stay. The inn is not far from several restaurants, including some great local eateries. I highly recommend this inn, and I guarantee once you stay you will plan to return!

• Stayed February 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2012

For our 33rd anniversary we decided to find a B&B within an hour or two drive time because we only had a couple of days to get away. We found a real jewel in the Country Villa. Petie was so very welcoming the moment we walked in the front door. The rooms were beautifully decorated and had everything there we needed, even my husbands favorite tonic water in the refrig. They could not have been more accomodating. But the best part of the two days we were there is that we had the best breakfasts I think I have ever had anywhere! I still think about the stuffed french toast. When it was time to return home and back to work, I can honestly say that we were both relaxed and rejuvinated. We plan on making this a yearly get-a-way. I would definately. recommendThe Country Villa

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sherry P
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Last weekend, my sweet husband took me to the Country Villa for a belated birthday get-away....and it was perfect! Upon arrival, we were enthusiastically greeted by Petie ~ she gave us a brief rundown of things and provided us with a tour. Our room was tastefully decorated and spacious...the attention to detail was incredible...an electric fireplace in the room, candles scattered for ambience, rose petals on the bed, a chilled bottle of our favorite wine, and tasty cookies - right out of the oven! The three course breakfasts were delicious and beautifully plated. We enjoyed the hot tub one evening beneath a sky full of stars --- a BIG thanks to Phil for graciously getting it all set up for us...he even lighted a few tiki torches! We were catered to and pampered, yet given our privacy during our stay.
Petie & Phil have plans to improve the Country Villa over the course of the next year, making it even more comfortable and accommodating for their guests!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna M
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The Country Inn was my husband and I's first visit to a B&B. The friendly, accommodating, and peaceful atmosphere has made us want to only stay and B&B's from now on. Petie and Phil were nice and they catered to us as much as we wanted and more. Petie makes sure she knows all your likes and dislikes when it comes to food and your stay at Country Villa. The food she makes is fantastic. The cookies she makes are the most delicious. This is the place to go if you are looking for quiet, peaceful, alone time. She accommodates that any way she can.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica W
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Petie and Phil couldn't be more hospitable if they tried. We typically stay at larger hotel chains which are more impersonal, so a smaller B&B was definitely a change of pace for us. My husband and I loved it! The food was fantastic and they truly catered to your tastes and preferences down to the type of fruit you want in your fruit salad, or your favorite brand of coffee! It's also wonderful how they provide different beach amenities that people don't normally pack for a weekend trip. This includes beach chairs, coolers, water, etc. We had left for the day without the beach chairs and Petie so graciously offered to bring them by to the beach for us. It was completely unnecessary for her to go out of her way, but extremely thoughtful that she called to ask. The rooms were cozy, comfortable and clean. We couldn't have asked for more from our little getaway!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple