Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 8, 2019

I don't know how to put my joy into words. Phil, Terri, and Petie are the most wonderful people I have ever met, and worked with us every step of the way, even coming in to save the day when a last-minute crisis happened!
I can't gush enough over how beautiful the venue is, and how they turned my Halloween-themed wedding into a literal dream come true. I love this place, and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a venue. They worked so hard on the area, and have many more ideas I look forward to seeing in the future. Even if it's just stopping by and saying "Hello" every once and a while, I will never forget the crew here! With the ability to basically put up props and add your own flair to match your theme, the possibilities are endless. Even on a hot 80° day and everyone having been dressed up in costumes, no one was sweating (aside from me and my nervous husband standing at the altar!).
It was so much fun being able to just have a normal conversation with them as well. It wasn't always "business talk," we got to joke and just spend time with them in between the stress of wedding preparation and it made the whole ordeal a cakewalk.
Speaking of cakewalk, let me tell you how WONDERFUL it was having a private brides area, and being so disconnected from the grooms' area made getting ready a lot easier. The bathrooms are very easily accessible, parking for literal DAYS, and even though we didn't stay in the honeymoon suite, it looked absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait for a weekend getaway here!
Before I ramble on any longer, I just want to say one more thing to anyone looking at the Country Villa, don't be afraid to ask for help. Petie has many, many recommendations and know so many people that can help you with maybe a surprise discount.
I love you guys, Randall and I couldn't have had a better time anywhere else. I look forward to seeing the ever-growing Pavillion and talking with you guys again soon.

Date of stay: October 2019
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa Inn Weddings & Events, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2019

Cassady, you and Randall couldn't have been any sweeter and we appreciative everything you said. We really enjoy helping couples, families and guests. I never knew I would end up doing something I love so much.

We're glad your whole group was having so much fun and we enjoyed meeting many of them. You know that we would love to see you anytime, glad you popped by the other day and since you know where we live... we hope you pop by again.

Reviewed July 1, 2019

A wonderful place to have your wedding! The owners Phil and Petie are extremely nice and the venue is beautiful! We even stayed the night there after our wedding and had a lovely breakfast the next morning.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa Inn Weddings & Events, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2019

Erin and Mike, we can’t thank you enough for choosing our venue at Country Villa.
Great people, great party, everyone was so sweet and kept complimenting us on the venue. Please pop by and say hi anytime!
Congratulations again, Enjoy your honeymoon!

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Not really sure how this place has a 5 star rating. This place is a joke. My brother recently got married here to the most beautiful bride. The wedding was beautiful of course, despite the unfortunate weather conditions. Lots of heavy rain. There was a Pergola that had the tented covering but really did not have enough room, but we made the best of it. But I am warning you, DO NOT NOT BOOK YOUR WEDDING HERE!!!!

Honestly the wedding was beautiful, and even though it was unfortunate that we were pretty much stuck in the tent the whole night because of how bad the weather was AND you had to walk in the pouring rain and come back completely drenched (approx 200 ft away from the tent. Side note: Your guests will have just the one single men’s and one single women’s bathroom, outside. No access to inside the villa what so ever. And toilet paper will not be guaranteed the whole night, as NO ONE attended to the bathrooms) it was still a beautiful wedding. It’s really not the wedding that’s important, it’s the marriage. But let’s face it, if you’re going to spend the money, you want it to be as perfect as you can make it.

So back to the venue, the people that own/operate this place are horrendous. The host, “Ms Peti” was rude, condescending, and a two-faced liar!! She made so many promises to my brother and SIL and did not keep her end of the bargain.

At the beginning, before signing the contract she was the sweetest little lady, but after the contracts were signed and deposits were in, she was a whole different person! That’s when she brings up all the “rules” of their villa. Rules that were not mentioned when we viewed the venue. They were very strict about everything, cant decorate the way you want, can’t use any kind of tape or nails anyway... the list goes on. Their wedding was on a Sunday and there was a wedding the night before, so the earliest we could decorate was at 9am the day of the 3pm wedding. So we were already crunched for time, with having to do everything (table/chair set up, decor, etc). It’s bad enough that they will not help at all, “Peti” would hover over the set up crew and tell them, “don’t do this”, “don’t do that”, “my husbands getting pissed of that y’all are hanging things on that tree”..... keep in mind everyone was already on edge not knowing what the weather was going to rbe like the time of the ceremony, and that we really didn’t have much time.

Also, my SIL mentioned to “Peti” prior to the day of the wedding that she would like to keep the wedding cake in the main villa, as it is cooler in there than the bridal suite.
Ms. Peti had no problem with it and gave her permission to do so. The day of the wedding, the most important day, the day the bride was already on the edge.... Ms. Peti goes back on her word and tells her she needs to just keep it in the bridal suite because she doesn’t feel like opening the door to the villa and she had errands to run. “Errands to run”???? This was acting she was just doing them a favor “borrowing” the place, I think she forgot that they payed her $5000 to rent her property. So anyhow, the cake had to be stored in the bridal suite. The same place that the whole bridal party was getting ready. The same place where hair spray and other products were being sprayed everywhere!!!! A $400 cake!

To top it off, approximately an hour before the wedding, Im guessing Ms. Peti came back from running her personal errands, she comes barging into the bridal suite yelling at everyone to stop opening and closing the door. She said we were letting all the cool air out and she didn’t feel like hearing the bride complain about how hot it was in there. 1st of all, the bride was not complaining about it being hot, she simply wanted the cake to be stored in the main villa where it was cooler, like previously agreed upon.

Also, BEWARE. This is strictly a venue. Over $5000 for just a VENUE, nothing is included besides the tables and chairs that you must take out of the shed and set up and put back on your own. No help from the owners what so ever they will not lift a finger or lend a hand at all. Also remember you are responsible for clean up and throwing away the trash at the end of the evening.

If your dream wedding is a backyard wedding, book somewhere else, anywhere else!!!! There are plenty of other people with beautiful backyards that will treat you much kinder and appreciate your hard earned money more!!!

BTW, I rarely leave bad reviews, I would just hate for anyone else to give this terrible woman any more of their hard earned money and to try and ruin one of the most special days in their lives.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Arri S
Petie B, General Manager at Country Villa Inn Weddings & Events, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

All of us at Country Villa try to go above and beyond for all of our parties. We avoid miscommunication by going over the contract then remind the couple throughout the process of what is expected. Everything you mentioned in your review was covered with the Bride and Groom during the viewing, contract signing and planning process, we’re sorry you weren’t able to be there so all of this could have been clarified to you as well.

As we have no control over the weather, we provide a wooden 40x44ft pavilion with an actual roof. The walls with windows may be lowered in case of inclement weather. It also has smooth concrete floor. Because it had rained so badly the evening before and was calling for more rain we decided to go the extra mile by providing a 20x20 tent at no cost to the Bride and Groom. We bought tarps to cover the ground underneath the tent so that it would not be muddy. Our staff did help set up tables and chairs as well.

As per the City of Virginia Beach Health Department, no one except the B&B staff is allowed in the kitchen at the Inn. For this reason, we provide a bridal prep building with heaters/air conditioners. This includes hair/makeup area, living room, dressing room as well as a separate room with a refrigerator, table for storing food, drinks, cake, flowers, etc.
Throughout the day we check the prep building and event bathrooms to assure they stayed stocked and maintained. Our restrooms are heated and cooled so we will close doors if we find them open.

Annamaria- Venue Coordinator/ General Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

My wife Rachel and I recently stayed here (the B&B) to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We had also stayed there for a portion of our honeymoon and couldn’t wait to come back for another visit. Phil and Petie are the most welcoming, personable, and generous hosts—it’s a bonus “amenity” just to talk and interact with them during the stay! We have now stayed in both rooms (Emily and Elodie) and they are both exquisite. And the breakfast.....there’s nothing better. We recommend this B&B to all our friends and we will certainly be back for a third stay soon!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Rachel and Daniel,
We were so tickled to have you back. Hope you come again one day. Love chatting with you both.
Our goal is to make people feel special and pamper them. Hope to pamper you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Planning an outdoor event. Do yourself a favor and check out this place. They have done a great job setting up a wonderful event space. Very clean and the flow is perfect.
I have worked many of the outdoor venue around Hampton Roads and this is one of the best!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Petie B, Owner at Country Villa Inn Weddings & Events, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Eric,
Thank you for the compliment. We try very hard to offer a beautiful location for our brides and their parties while keeping that comfortable feel.
Look forward to having you back here again.