“Awesome place”

Ranked #9 of 1,615 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lager Heads is sure to be the new locals' favorite - probably because it's staying local, featuring the best Virginia beer, wine and cheese. Known for our hand made burgers, signature steaks, fresh seafood and live summer entertainment, Lager Head's is the place to be this summer.
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was awesome. Great food great ambiance right on the boardwalk. I was there with my fiance and we loved it. Our waiter name was Tyler and he was awesome he made the experience even better.

OliviaH1940, Operations Manager at Lager Heads, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Deadra W!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I will be sure to share them with Tyler. We look forward to welcoming ya'll back again soon! Cheers!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,139)

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

There is a tiny strip of bar which is technically inside but on a nice day they roll up the walls to let the air in. There is some kind of air handler in that spot which blows the air there significantly. I had originally attributed it to a cross Breeze but they ended up putting those walls down and the breeze remained. It was all so much easier to hear the air handler at that point. When your hair is blowing in your face non-stop it definitely impacts your experience.

That being said, the service was nice. The turkey burger that I had was packed with flavor and an unusual combination of ingredients that I would never have expected. I would go back but I would not sit in that area again.

Hey Anna911!

Thank you taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the Turkey Burger. We look forward to another chance at delivering you a 5 stare experience! Cheers!

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

My 3 kids (10,15,18) and I were curious about Lager Heads while on vacation so we wandered in (literally). The sign instructed us to check in inside with the host/ess. That was the only drawback I found. Luckily one of the staff pointed us in the right direction. The desk was all the way inside the restaurant, where one would never think they would have to venture. And then surprisingly, the gentlemen that helped us was also our server. Dalton was very friendly, helpful when it came to ordering my flight (?) and even checked with us to let us know our food should be ready soon. The food was a great blend of adventurous and classic. We were looking for new culinary adventures so it was great. And I loved the atmosphere. Thanks so much for everything.

OliviaH1940, Operations Manager at Lager Heads, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Hi Susanne J!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience! I will be sure to share your kind words with Dalton as well. We are so glad you stumbled into our restaurant, and we cannot wait to welcome you back again! Cheers!

Reviewed September 5, 2018

It was a busy night, and they were short staffed. Once we were seated, we were soon greeted by Brad our server. He was friendly and on top of his game. He could have rushed us due to the short staff issue, but he did an amazing job! Our food came quickly, it was cooked just right, the fires were hot and it tasted great! Definitely agree with others that it is a LOT of food - we could have shared the burger. Brad checked on us several times throughout our meal, chatted a bit about our visit and made sure we were pleased. He gave us plenty of information about our choices and made sure we had all we needed. I was worried about how our night would be based on it being busy and them being short staffed, but no issues what so ever. Would go back again for sure. Thank you for making sure our meal and our experience was great.

1  Thank Kelly C

Hey Kelly C!

Thank you so much for your kind words! It is truly wonderful to hear we delivered a great experience, as we always strive to do. We can't wait to welcome ya'll back again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

From the moment we stepped up to the hostess, waited in the bar and eventually got seated, we felt the welcoming atmosphere. All staff had smiles and were very accommodating. My food was not that great but will go back for another go at it when not so busy.

Hey lanajackson62!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We hope to see you again very soon so that we may "wow" you from start to finish! Cheers!