“Great Greek restaurant”
Review of Ammos

Ammos
Reserve with OpenTable
Ammos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 1,632 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Excellent Greek food. Went here for dinner one night while on vacation. We had a group of 7 and all enjoyed their meal very much. Mezze appetizer sampler was very good as it gave all (including the kids) a chance to try a variety of Greek specialties. I especially liked the Keftedes (meatballs). Pleasant atmosphere and the service was outstanding. Our waitress was so nice, she added to the overall experience.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We decided to try it after reading the reviews here and it did not disappoint. It was our family's first time having Greek food and we loved it. We started with the sampler and potato garlic dip and then we had moussaka, pattisio, spanakopita and the mahi. Everything was delicious and my children enjoyed trying new things. Our waitress was also one of the best we have had in a long time making it a wonderful experience. Wish it was closer to home!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I were married I Greece so the opportunity to taste original Greek food in Virgina Beach is a blessing. We went to Ammos were immediately seated and greeted by Andrianna from Bulgaria. The staff is what can make or break a restaurant. Andrianna was great. The food was served in a time fashion. It was delicious. WE both had small Greek salads and split the spanakopita. IT was more than enough food. The price was very reasonable. The restaurant was clean and well kept. Overall a great experience. We can not wait to back.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We love Greek and will try establishments when we travel. We ordered the Sampler, a bit pricey @ $19.00, but worth it. The Sampler was wonderful, hot fresh and tasted homemade. The Tziki is bland which is a nice compliment to the flavor explosion of the other items. The meatballs were wonderful. On to the main course. We ordered Gyros with extra meat. The menu clearly states it is a beef-lamb mix. I have read reviews complaining this is not authentic. When you purchase a combo, it has to be processed meat. It was good. It offered a consistent flavor and they gave us about 10 slices. We enjoyed it. If you want something more homemade I would suggest the kabobs.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

In new quarters, the restaurant has a clean and spacious dining room. The staff seems new, young, eager and enthusiastic if not experienced. We started with saganaki, which was absolutely delicious with the Greek merlot. My husband enjoyed the meat lovers platter, a huge entree with tasty meatballs, highly seasoned sausage, standard gyros-joint meat, and fairly tender chicken and beef kebabs, served with pita and not enough tzatziki sauce. I had the combination plate with pastitsio, moussaka and spanakopita. Neither of the three tasted exactly how I was used to the dishes tasting in Chicago's Greek town, but the spinach cheese pie was really flavorful, as was the moussaka. The bechamel sauce is rather fluffy. Only the pastitsio disappointed, the noodles being chewy and tough.
The tab for one appetiser, one bottle of wine, and these two combo plates came to over $100.
It's the closest to authentic Greek I've had in Hampton Roads, so we'll be returning.