“Authentic Traditional Greek Cuisine”
Review of Ammos

Ammos
Reserve with OpenTable
Ammos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,573 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 30, 2014

As someone who has traveled to Greece on several occasions, I found the food, service and atmosphere at this very Greek restaurant to be fabulously exceptional. I am a connoisseur of Greek food and I was not disappointed in the restaurants offerings. I and my date split Moussaka and chicken kabobs with seasonal vegetables and Greek style green beans. The green beans were traditionally Greek style but with a spicy zing. I inquired as to the zing, but I was told it was a secret ingredient. Our server was attentive and friendly and all of our food was so….. good. The cost of the food might seem a bit pricey, but once you taste it, the price is immaterial. If you are in the mood for traditional Greek food and in Virginia Beach this is the place to go. There is no chain restaurant food served here. It's strictly homemade.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Excellent Greek food. Went here for dinner one night while on vacation. We had a group of 7 and all enjoyed their meal very much. Mezze appetizer sampler was very good as it gave all (including the kids) a chance to try a variety of Greek specialties. I especially liked the Keftedes (meatballs). Pleasant atmosphere and the service was outstanding. Our waitress was so nice, she added to the overall experience.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We decided to try it after reading the reviews here and it did not disappoint. It was our family's first time having Greek food and we loved it. We started with the sampler and potato garlic dip and then we had moussaka, pattisio, spanakopita and the mahi. Everything was delicious and my children enjoyed trying new things. Our waitress was also one of the best we have had in a long time making it a wonderful experience. Wish it was closer to home!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I were married I Greece so the opportunity to taste original Greek food in Virgina Beach is a blessing. We went to Ammos were immediately seated and greeted by Andrianna from Bulgaria. The staff is what can make or break a restaurant. Andrianna was great. The food was served in a time fashion. It was delicious. WE both had small Greek salads and split the spanakopita. IT was more than enough food. The price was very reasonable. The restaurant was clean and well kept. Overall a great experience. We can not wait to back.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We love Greek and will try establishments when we travel. We ordered the Sampler, a bit pricey @ $19.00, but worth it. The Sampler was wonderful, hot fresh and tasted homemade. The Tziki is bland which is a nice compliment to the flavor explosion of the other items. The meatballs were wonderful. On to the main course. We ordered Gyros with extra meat. The menu clearly states it is a beef-lamb mix. I have read reviews complaining this is not authentic. When you purchase a combo, it has to be processed meat. It was good. It offered a consistent flavor and they gave us about 10 slices. We enjoyed it. If you want something more homemade I would suggest the kabobs.