“Great gem in Va Beach!”

Repeal Bourbons and Burgers
Ranked #11 of 1,615 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and i saw the menu on tripadvisor and decided to stop by Repeal on our first night in Va Beach on Sept 9th. Great food. I had the Rickshaw Burger and my wife had the classic. Great beef burger and fresh ingredients. We love sweet potato fries, so that was a great substitution for reg fries. Love the decor, very good service, and just nice folks!

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We went on Monday night and were seated immediately (bar seating) got there about 6:30 or so. Place is small but very cool atmosphere. The staff were all friendly and the bartender made some good menu suggestions for our first time visit. We ordered the Poutine fries which were amazing! The burgers we did were the Prohibition and the Wicked Pissah, both were excellent. We chose the truffle Mac n cheese as our side. We did not partake in any bourbon or alcohol but I can imagine if you like bourbon this is the place to come when in VA beach. The menu is small which I liked (sometimes selections can be too overwhelming) and the choices are all quality. You can’t go wrong with anything you decide to order here. I would call this burger place a little hidden gem.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

We wandered over to Repeal after reading online reviews. Tired of the drunken, obnoxious, gauche beach crowd, we were more than pleasantly surprised by the staff, menu, and most of the patrons.

We walked up and were told there was a 30-minute wait. We instead chose to sit at the bar and eat there.

The restaurants seats maybe 50 and is bare in decoration. They really are all about the drink.

I ordered an old fashioned, which was well presented and delicious. He had Angel’s Envy (dare I say stellar). We split the pretzel and cheese dip (dip was too spicy to go with bourbon - it tainted my taste buds) and a cheeseburger with truffle/Parmesan fries. Both flavorful!

The bourbon menu is fairly extensive but not pretentious. Our server was incredibly nice and knowledgeable. The clientele hovered between guys who know bourbon and 20-something hipsters pretending to be guys who know their bourbon.

A calm atmosphere and oasis from that rowdy beach crowd. If Repeal was in DC, there would be a 2-hour wait for a table.

Good for couples, bad if you have a group larger than 4. Leave the ankle biters at home - not good for kids.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Found this gem (thanks Trip Advisor) first night and encountered amazing burgers and great staff! The place is not remarkable on the exterior which ties in with the speakeasy vibe. But once inside, cozy bar and a few tables. Burger options for everyone and will not disappoint. The fries are seasoned and delicious. The bourbon flight (colonel EH Taylor) was delightful. And the people there including Brewer (sp?) are extremely knowledgeable and helpful and very patient. We all loved it here. I tried the Prohibition burger, califorinication, and Pugilist. Every one amazing! Will definitely return!!

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Came here for dinner with my husband. The food was delicious. Must try the sweet potato fries! It’s a little small but the food was worth it.