“Some of the best food I've ever had.”
Review of Commune

Commune
Ranked #81 of 1,642 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Description: Commune is setup as a cafe with open seating but meals are brought to customers at their table.
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Commune was so good, I went two days in a row. I had their Eggs Benedict, and as someone who orders that dish very often at eateries, this one blew me away. It was flawless perfection. Amazing, homemade food. I could care less about all the organic, locally sourced stuff they brag about. My motto is: is it good? Yes, yes it is. The french toast was amazing as well. Everything we ordered was a 10/10. You can't go wrong here. If you visit VA beach and don't go here, you're crazy. I travel a lot and eat at great restaurants everywhere, this is a gem.

It can get busy (ish). Plan accordingly. I never felt that the wait was long at all, but have heard it does get busy at peak times. I recommend early breakfast or late lunch.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Locally sourced high quality food served in clever and delicious ways. The eggs Benedict on biscuits is amazing! We then ordered take-out sandwiches for our later driving trip from Virginia Beach. We now go there every time we're nearby.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018

OK, here is your coffee, cold, then later they brought milk and sugar..We ordered 2 eggs and biscuits. Sunny side up? crispy edges and runny centers. Poached? hard boiled. Biscuits? $3.00 each, not as good as Hardees. Tab/bill? $22.00 for 4 eggs, 2 coffees, 2 biscuits. You can get a full sized breakfast anywhere for $6.00 each. The server was nice, but inept. I mean he spilled our water all over the table.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Party of three....we got there fairly early and the wait for the table wasn't the problem as the place was not busy or packed. Once we got to the table took the waitress 15-mins to get to us for a drink order and a starter (since we had 15-mins to look). Saw our drinks sit at the bar waiting for pick-up for close to 10-min until they were dropped off at the table. Once we got our main orders placed in it took over 45-mins for the main meal to show up. So unless they were farming our food from a back garden or killing the cow in the back room, 45-mins is way too long. For the price, not worth it. Next time I am in VA Beach, this place will not be on the list to hit.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I took my wife here for brunch on her birthday while we were vacationing in Virginia Beach. I found it on a Yelp search, and decided that it sounded interesting. The place was amazing! The atmosphere is laid-back, with a kind of raw look, with metal and barn wood. The service was friendly and prompt. I ordered the cornmeal waffles with chicken, and they were delicious - the perfect combination of textures, topped off with hickory syrup. I highly recommend checking it out!

Date of visit: June 2018