Open today: 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Not Much to Look At, But Wines Are Not Bad

This place is very small, and not much to look at. But they do have a decent variety of wines, and... read more

Reviewed March 6, 2015
Mike B
Chesterfield, Virginia
Mediocre Wines, Nice Staff

Reviewed September 10, 2014
J E
Fredericksburg, Virginia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 10, 2014

We stopped in for a tasting and enjoyed the views of the valley and hills while outside. The inside isn't quite as appealing, as it's a very simple, converted house, which doesn't even have the typical historic qualities many tasting rooms seems to have.

But the staff was VERY friendly and appreciative of our visit. They instantly greeted us and were very helpful and knowledgeable (and if they didn't know, they honestly wanted to find an answer).

Their wines were not quite to our liking, but they were far from bad. We would come back in a couple years to try them again with hopes the wines are a little more to our liking.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've been to most of the Northern VA wineries (many several times) and I can say that Loudoun Valley has one of the most laid-back atmospheres, with a great selection of wines. On nice days, you can usually see people out back on bistro tables, listening to live music (usually a one person band). This area is tough for red wines, but they have some good light to medium bodied ones. I enjoy all of their whites, with the exception of the apple wine. Great wines for picnics, concerts, patios--everything we love about our Virginia summers! The tasting room itself could use an upgrade, but wouldn't you rather a winery put those resources into making great wine, instead of having a flashy tasting room? The winemaker Bree is usually around on the weekends, and willing to take time out from pouring for a chat (which is more than I can say for some of the other more pretentious wineries). Anyone who gives LVV a bad review hasn't been to some of the other wineries in the area.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I love visiting VA wineries and try to support them whenever I can. I wish I could give Loudoun Valley Vineyard high marks but in this instance I cannot. As my palate has matured over the years I guess I’ve grown fonder of dry as opposed to very sweet wines and that is what is bottled and served so far at this winery. I did not enjoy a single wine in the tasting white or red. I think this trip was the first time in a long time that I did not desire to purchase a glass let alone a bottle to enjoy later. To be positive, the grounds are beautiful on a gorgeous fall day, the bathrooms are clean and the staff friendly. I also heard the food is decent. The winery is not making the marks in wine however which should be the main focus.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Brought the entire family for "Wine & Swine" kids liked running around outside which was beautiful. Wine was good. Fairly priced. Owner was very pleasant! We will try to make it out there again sometime.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stop by after going to Sunset Hills Vineyards. This was a disappointment. Very small building. Bar area can only handle about 6 people and there are tabls for maybe another 20 people. Little deck that needs a lot of TLC. Nice view though! And the lady behind the bar (think the owner) was very knowlegeable for those doing the tasting. Think it is family owned since the lady doing the pouring talked about using her grandfather's recipes. Only food option I saw was they were offering Onion Soup. Listening to the lady behind the bar I think they recently purchased the property and have plans for improvements. We had a glass of the Viognier and Pinot Grigio. They were ok. They do have a bonfire area out near the vines that might be nice. If in the area might try them again but with several other nice wineries in the area they need to step up their game.

2  Thank kes1639