Open today: 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights

Mediocre Wines, Nice Staff

Reviewed September 10, 2014
J E
Fredericksburg, Virginia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 6, 2015

This place is very small, and not much to look at. But they do have a decent variety of wines, and the wines were pretty good.

Reviewed December 28, 2014 via mobile

So my girlfriend and I were taking a drive thru the beautiful Virginia countryside on vacation and came across the most amazing place! It was a beautiful day. As guy and a guitar out on the deck. Friendly staff. We stopped for a drink and a snack and ended up staying for 3 hours, 3 bottles of wine, and a wonderful bread, meat, and cheese basket. Instantly became our favorite winery!

Reviewed September 10, 2014

We stopped in for a tasting and enjoyed the views of the valley and hills while outside. The inside isn't quite as appealing, as it's a very simple, converted house, which doesn't even have the typical historic qualities many tasting rooms seems to have.

But the staff was VERY friendly and appreciative of our visit. They instantly greeted us and were very helpful and knowledgeable (and if they didn't know, they honestly wanted to find an answer).

Their wines were not quite to our liking, but they were far from bad. We would come back in a couple years to try them again with hopes the wines are a little more to our liking.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've been to most of the Northern VA wineries (many several times) and I can say that Loudoun Valley has one of the most laid-back atmospheres, with a great selection of wines. On nice days, you can usually see people out back on bistro tables, listening to live music (usually a one person band). This area is tough for red wines, but they have some good light to medium bodied ones. I enjoy all of their whites, with the exception of the apple wine. Great wines for picnics, concerts, patios--everything we love about our Virginia summers! The tasting room itself could use an upgrade, but wouldn't you rather a winery put those resources into making great wine, instead of having a flashy tasting room? The winemaker Bree is usually around on the weekends, and willing to take time out from pouring for a chat (which is more than I can say for some of the other more pretentious wineries). Anyone who gives LVV a bad review hasn't been to some of the other wineries in the area.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I love visiting VA wineries and try to support them whenever I can. I wish I could give Loudoun Valley Vineyard high marks but in this instance I cannot. As my palate has matured over the years I guess I’ve grown fonder of dry as opposed to very sweet wines and that is what is bottled and served so far at this winery. I did not enjoy a single wine in the tasting white or red. I think this trip was the first time in a long time that I did not desire to purchase a glass let alone a bottle to enjoy later. To be positive, the grounds are beautiful on a gorgeous fall day, the bathrooms are clean and the staff friendly. I also heard the food is decent. The winery is not making the marks in wine however which should be the main focus.