“Nice Place for the Money”

Days Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Cameron
“Nice Place for the Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I read the reviews before going to this hotel and was very skeptical. To my surprise it was nothing like captmark12 said it was. The staff was excellent, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the environment was safe and convenient to many restaurants, convenience stores, Walmart, and Starbucks! There were Pop Tarts in the lobby. This is a complimentary snack for the people who either didn't have time for breakfast or can't seem to find the breakfast room (captmark12). I enjoyed the waffles, biscuits and gravy, two types of cereal, mini-muffins, bagels, coffee and juice bar. When I am in the area again, I will definitely stay at the Days Inn!

Room Tip: Get the back-side rooms. The view is awesome!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rkclassic07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Blue Ridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I travel for work and pay my own expenses, so I always appreciate a good value when it comes to hotels.
I have stayed at this Days Inn twice (I now stay in Waynesboro about once a month due to a recent addition to my territory) and I have been very impressed both times.
The entire staff is friendly and they really care about your comfort. They always ask if I need anything, and they all seem to appreciate my business and make me feel at home.
The rooms that I have stayed in were very clean and updated. (The room that I stayed in last night had brand new curtains, a nice touch.)
The breakfast is great, and better than most hotels that advertise a free continental breakfast.
They have definitely earned my business.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert G
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Stopped at this Days Inn trying to save a few bucks with a long trip planned. It was one of those mistakes in life that one never forgets! When we checked in we were on the road for a good 8 hours and wanted some dinner and a good nights sleep, we got neither. Asked the desk clerk for a good recommendation for dinner, the place he sent us not so good. The room was ok but really needs to be upgraded, the bathroom fixtures were from Home Depot 1985 & so was the mold. Our night sleep was interrupted at about 4 in the morning when all of the truckers and construction workers were starting up all of their equipment and being load as h--l. We got a few minutes of sleep after they left, so we down for the continental breakfast? What a joke! They were serving POP TARTS, no fruit, no muffins, no juice, just Coffee and POP TARTS. Some of the pictures on the Days Inn web site are very misleading, they have to from other hotels not the one in Waynesboro, so unless you like to be woken up at an early time of the day, stay away

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank captmark12
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

The Days Inn in Waynesboro has undoubtedly seen better days and probably is nearing the end of its competitive lifespan, but I have to tell you - it still is a decent place to stay. The check-in experience was one of the better ones I've had, and the staff is extremely pleasant and friendly. They even gave me the AAA deal on the room I walked in for, even though I'm not a AAA member. The room was clean, the shower was just fine, and breakfast in the morning was adequate. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

This hotel is older and slightly bedraggled, but overall fairly well- kept. The room itself was clean and comfortable. However the bathtub had not been cleaned well at all. Hairs all over the walls of the shower and sides of the tub. Yuck! I actually went out and bought cleaner and cleaned it before we could use it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Emporia, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have nothing negative to say about my three night stay,-- EXCEPT- my prescriptions meds came up missing. I waited before posting this to re-search my luggage, home and car before I posted. I called the hotel when I got home to ask them to search the room, which they did to no avail. I Accuse no one of pilfering them but where did they go? I received excellent cooperation from Michael and just good service from Richard, this would not prevent me from staying there again but with a little more caution of personal belongings, still a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

We booked this hotel last minute because we were on long trip from GA to CT. The room was clean, they offer a free breakfast, they allowed my dogs, but the thing I was most pleased with was the girl at the front desk, Judy, I believe. Despite it being about 2:00 in the morning, she was so pleasant. We spoke to her on the phone to book the hotel, and after explaining that we would only be there for about 6 hours, she cut us a deal on the room.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
0.3 km away
10.7 km away
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Days Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!