“Beautiful photo ops for your wedding”

Hermitage Hill Farm and Stables
Ranked #9 of 19 things to do in Waynesboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Hermitage Hill Farm is a Wedding and Event Venue located in Central Virginia. We offer bridal and event showing by appointment only.
Reviewed 11 August 2015

There were a lot of smiles in this diverse wedding guest group, so I think everyone from age 1-80+ had a great time. As a guest I am giving my perspective on this wedding venue.

Please check to see that there is enough seating provided for your guests prior to the ceremony and some bottled water to drink. Also, arrange for fans because it gets mighty hot waiting around in your dress clothes. The horses in the stables are such acting hams. They love a scratch, and the venue provides a carrot bowl during the cocktail hour to feed them. Cute photo ops, especially for the little ones. The stalls are kept very clean, and there is someone on duty to attend to the horses' needs and safety.

Picture perfect rolling scenery are every where you turn. The patio is beautiful, the dining facilities are very nice--upscale rustic charm. There is a beautiful walking area in back along the hop vines, and you might see some horseback riders. I saw a beautiful wedding photo of the bridal gown with the bridesmaids' gowns hanging against rustic wood siding.

The staff does a great job controlling the smells and pesky bugs, so don't let that be a concern. But do be clear what they will and won't provide. Don't assume there are vending machines for soft drinks or bottled water.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the farm and meeting the horses with their very different personalities.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Beautiful Venue! I would highly recommend this location! My daughter's wedding was beautiful - the owners were very helpful and right on the spot when we needed anything.

Reviewed 31 March 2015

My best friend was married here over the weekend. Beautiful rustic venue. Gorgeous mountain overlooks and horses all over the place. Bridal suite was very clean, had a full bath, and a separate room to get ready in. Reception hall was huge and had bathrooms located very close by and a kitchen for the catering staff to use.

Reviewed 24 February 2015

I've had the pleasure to spend almost 6 month at Hermitage Hill while I was on an extended business trip. Let me just say that I would pick this place for my wedding if it was easier to ship everyone overseas. Gorgeous scenery, perfectly maintained facility of a working horse farm with a special touch, lovely horses and the experience of the owners are what makes Hermitage Hill so special. I would recommend this place to everyone who is looking for a professional and experienced, yet very personal and unique handling of their wedding

Reviewed 12 January 2015

Beautiful place for a wedding!! The owner Craig was very helpful and professional. They really make you feel at home. I would recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful country setting