“Having a quick beer”

Hermitage Hill Farm and Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Hermitage Hill Farm is a Wedding and Event Venue located in Central Virginia. We offer bridal and event showing by appointment only.
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

Heard about this place and decided to stop by. A little out of the way, but a really nice place with nice staff. Had the Haywire Wheat and the wife had Blueberry Blonde. Both are great. Nice place. We'll be back.

1  Thank Tombones08
"facility"
"brewery"
"beers"

Reviewed April 14, 2017

We attended a wedding at this farm. Air conditioned barn, clean meticulous facility from the landscaping to all the guest spaces and they have sidewalks from the parking area. We smoked cigars by the fireplace and beers are made on the property from hops grown behind the ball room, we met the brewer too. This farm and event space rivals the nicest resorts and hotels.
The bride was so thrilled with the horses in the separate stable area. The E. Stamer catering company was delicious, staff was excellent and all the vendors were chosen by the couple.

Reviewed March 20, 2017

I oversaw and officiated a wedding here. While the people with whom we interacted were polite, the day-of was just ridiculous. We arrived and found no one there. I had to stop my work of assembling flowers and dealing with the bridal party to set up the chairs. We had to unload them from a trailer and do this within 90 minutes of the ceremony. No assistance was offered. The food was average...not the quality expected for a wedding.

3  Thank MPNC1123
Reviewed November 21, 2016

This is a very lovely horse farm that has been repurposed into a brewery and wedding reception venue. Everything ~the grounds, the buildings ~ is tastefully appointed. The restaurant has high ceilings making it quite noisy. I had the black bean burger. As it is the first time I have ever had one, I have nothing to which to compare it. That said, it was quite tasty. It came with chips and coleslaw. It's pretty hard to make coleslaw unique or interesting, but the chef has done just that. It is delicious! My three star rating is based on having dinner which is limited to burgers, etc. I did not partake of the beers which I understand are quite good which are brewed on site.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Gorgeous and growing...open for a mere 5 months this brewery has it all, good beer, ambiance, beautiful grounds (which you are encouraged to explore) and a limited but DELICIOUS menu. Man's best friend is discouraged but allowed, however everyone is friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the grounds and the beer that is served. They tend to lean towards the hoppy but every beer lover can find something they like. My personal favorite is the Britchin' Brown. There is also the very interesting Randal~it's the small batch brew of the day and ranges from "Ew" to FANTASTIC. You can prevent the Ew experience by trying out a small sample prior to purchase. Oh, and the entire place is a working farm where the old stalls have been converted into a very nice bar. Well worth the travel...(can't lose, the scenery is exceptional!!!) As for children...the grounds are lovely for roaming and running...the bar serves food but I would bring a picnic for the kids.

1  Thank Penny B