“Late nite roundez vous”

Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in White Stone
Price range: US$14 - US$39
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 1982, the Sandpiper Restaurant's success is born of loyal customers, dedicated staff, and the finest quality of steaks and seafood with our own homemade flair. We strive to serve fine spirits and wholesome meals within a pleasant, comfortable atmosphere.
Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in just as the restaurant was closing and the seated us without hesitation. The Shrimp Roma and the crab cakes were both excellent choices! Great IPAs, I chose Bent Mountain IPA from Salem VA and it was great! Definitely recommend checking it out in Irvington VA.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Stopped in and stood at the door for several minutes were there was no host or hostess. Place smelled like the cook was burning down the kitchen. We took the time to read a menu while we waited for someone to come and seat us. Was way overpriced for what we could get up the road for half the price. Decided not to stay as the smell of burned food was sickening. Your call to try or not but I think we will stay clear and opt for some of the other good dining in the area,

Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

We were surprised and delighted by the wonderful food. From soup to main course, wine and beer choices, and every single vegetable side, even the baguette bread for the table, this place was so much better than we could have imagined. The entire service staff were friendly and thoughtful. We'd been sent by locals, and they were right. Even in this small town, on a rainy Wednesday night, they were busy. For good reason. We'll be back, and we're not locals!

1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed September 12, 2016

My husband and I patronized the Sandpiper Restaurant while vacationing in Irvington VA. We have patronized the restaurant in the past, and made sure we ate at the restaurant while in town. The food is delicious! My husband loves the beer battered shrimp, and I love the Sandpiper Alfredo with grilled chicken. Very family oriented restaurant, friendly staff.

1  Thank Dee A
Reviewed August 28, 2016

A great little seafood restaurant restaurant with a down home feel. Nothing fancy and you don't go for the view. Just a good selection of seafood from folks who appreciate your business. (The view overlooks the parking lot since it's in the town of White Stone.) My wife and I dropped by for dinner and had excellent dinners. I had the special which was a Shrimp Étouffée and my wife the grilled salmon. Both were well prepared although not fancy. Our waitress was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. It was a real pleasure stopping for dinner.

1  Thank RGK51