We had 2 adults and 3 children staying for the New Years weekend festivities in the Colonial and surrounding areas. I was impressed in finding a suite that could easily accomodate 5 people and with such a great price.
We arrived at 4:35p and were told that our room wasn't ready yet but they would work on it while we checked in and it would be ready in 10 minutes. We completed check-in and she said, "Ok, give them about 20 minutes and you are all set". "20 minutes?" I said, "I thought it would be ready now since it's 45 minutes after check in time." She said to just give them a little more time to be sure it was all ready. So we hung out downstairs in the "lounge" near the breakfast area and over-chlorinated pool and "arcade" (3 game machines). I tried to find a restroom and the only one was in the pool area and the floor was covered in water, so I decided against it. I did notice that there were 50-60 dishes in the breakfast area from that morning that were unclean and stacked up in the corner, but in plain sight. In general, the common areas were clean, but nothing spectacular. Looked a little dated in person than it did in pictures, but nothing that made you feel like you were taking a trip back 20 years! I'd say new wallpaper and new carpet and this place would have a great face-lift.
We waited a bit and went up to our room. it was nice and spacious. I turned on the ice maker in the freezer and continued to check out the rooms. The only drawback to the rooms I found was that there is no privacy from the bathrooms to the bedrooms. There are doors to both, but no option to close off the whole area in case you wanted to come from the bathroom to the bedroom in a towel just after a shower. Unfortunately for me, I woke up both mornings feeling like I could have slept on the counter and been more comfortable since my back was so sore.
We woke up later than the breakfast service in the morning so we headed out to the many choices of restaurants in the area which was a big plus. We were out for several hours and returned around 2pm to find that the room hadn't been cleaned. The housekeeper came about 30 minutes later and appeared surprised that we were there. She offered to give us more towels and empty the trash - which she did do. Before going out again, I tried to fill up my glass (very short glasses in the cupboard) with ice, but there was none in the icemaker. Being and all-suite hotel, they have no ice machines, so we didn't get any ice.
The next morning, we attempted to try the breakfast. The 1/2 bagel we got was horrible, we tried to make toast thinking that you can't go wrong, but nearly burned it on the level 2 setting. Then we found ants crawling around and just left. Very little staff in the area and again dishes piled up. Glad we didn't go there specifically for the included breakfast!
Upon checking out, we realized that we lost a music player and I asked the man at the desk if one had been turned in. He said he hasn't seen one and all of the lost and found is locked up in "this drawer here". I asked if he'd open it to see if it was there and he said he didn't have access (So then how did he or didn't he see it or anything else?) I have since called 3 other people there to see if someone can open the magic drawer and keep getting pushed off to "someone else has to access it".
Overall, great price for the room especially to accommodate 5 people in one room. Very convenient to shopping, dining, historic area, college and the interstate. Would seriously reconsider going back again due to check-in issues, breakfast, and lack of assistance when needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton(R) Williamsburg hotel, a charming hotel located 18 miles from Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport. Enjoy the comforts of home in one of the elegant suites, complete with your own fully equipped kitchen and separate living room. Situated in the center of colonial Williamsburg, the spacious suites make this hotel in Williamsburg, VA a memorable place for an extended stay or short holiday Enjoy the comforts of home at Homewood Suites, where your day begins with a complimentary cooked breakfast. Choose a spacious one- or two-bedroom suite with separate living and sleeping areas. Unwind on comfortable, classic furniture in front of your fireplace. Each suite is large enough for work, study or entertaining, and includes a kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Relax on a comfortable couch in your living room, and unwind in front of on-demand movies on your 37-inch LCD TV. Stay connected with high-speed WiFi and two telephones with data ports and voicemail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Homewood Suites Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Homewood Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Homewood Suites