2,010 results
All reviews james river lazy river river view james landing grill busch gardens sports club marina restaurant shuttle service colonial williamsburg bedroom condo tennis courts main building full kitchen fitness center beautiful property water country free shuttle
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We selected Kingsmill resort for our 3 day /2 nights gateway to Williamsburg area. Our main goal was to visit Bush Gardens – and I can say our hotel choice was the best for it, resort located less than 2 miles from the main park entrance and it’s very easy to find.
I used Hotels.com to make my reservation as they had some discount offers , but resort’s web site has a lot of packages as well, I compared prices and just to pay for hotel stay was the best for us (2 adults with toddler). We arrived at the hotel after a long day spent in Bush Gardens and I really appreciated a fast check in. We stayed in building 24, second floor room with 2 queen beds . Our room overlooked tennis courts. Room and bathroom were very clean, with all necessary amenities for a short or long resort stay (but no fridge or microwave). We did hear some noise from the adjoining rooms, but it didn’t bothered us. So if you do not wish to pay extra for a rooms with river view stay in regular rooms , they are very nice.
I had a breakfast at the restaurant next morning, buffet breakfast had all regular buffet offerings plus omelet station and very nice selection of pastries. I ordered one breakfast item from the menu to go – but it wasn’t as good and big for the price. The Mill Cafe is a nice place to get a Latte with some fresh desert, it located near tennis courts and has outdoor sittings . Resort has nice biking trails and bike rentals – but we didn’t have enough time to use it. Kingsmill Resort has a little bit for everyone. We are not a golf players, but as a family with a with a small kid we used indoor pool and a playground. We ordered pizza to go in the ‘Regatta’ restaurant for dinner one evening, and it was very good. The road to the Marina was closed that weekend, resort was doing some renovations and several new amenities will be added soon (a new restaurant and outdoor pool area ) . We will definitely be back !

Room tip: Higher floors for a better view and less noise
3  Thank TatianaI
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The room we stayed in was nice, but the power was out when we checked into the hotel. The staff was not friendly and not helpful when dealing with this situation. The service we received during our three day visit did not live up to normal 4 Diamond standards. I would not go back to this facility based on the service we received on this visit. The staff did not seem to care too much about us. The only peple who were remotely friendly were the doorman and shuttle driver. I would suggest staying elsewhere.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Visited Williamsburg over Mother's Day Weekend with my mom and sister to see some of the Historical Triangle. We could not have been more pleased with the resort and staff! While the resort is undergoing some construction, it is going to be even better when the construction is completed and it did not interfere with our stay. The resort offers complementary shuttles to area attractions (Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, etc.) The staff was extremely helpful when we were planning our day trip to Colonial Williamsburg. Definitely wanted to stay longer and hope to be back soon!!

Room tip: All of the rooms on the property are extremely spacious suites, but try to ask for a room with a view of the James River.
3  Thank cbrad3
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just returned from 2 nights at Kingsmill with my daughters (6 and 8 yrs old). My husband took my son camping, so wanted to do something special. Wonderful facility with well kept grounds, walking distance amenities, clean and well run. My girls loved the indoor and outdoor pools and the playground. I loved the wonderful soy lattes at The Mill, the view of the James River, and the proximity to Colonial Williamsburg and other nice restaurants/etc. Regatta's was so-so, but the breakfast at The Bray was excellent (kids loved it) and the service was great! Hoping to go back again for a longer stay and use more of the facility (gym, spa, etc), just didn't have time. We stayed in building 16 in a 2 bedroom. The bathrooms were beautiful, kitchen could use an uplift soon.

Room tip: Choose a room on the James River.
1  Thank JodiRaquel
Reviewed May 7, 2012

What a great place to go for my Bachelors weekend! Golf was hard and nice surroundings the entire time... Food was top notch,. Staff our of this world.
Loved it cant wait to come back with the Wife or the guys again. All in my group wantto come back even the guy that never golfs.

Room tip: Ask for Sylvia... not a bad room as far as I know.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends