We were there for memorial day weekend. The hotel is very conveniently located. If you have kids with you it's easy to walk to the expansive visitors center and make you reservations of activities for the day, and then hop on the shuttle that circles around the settlement to the area of your choice. Kids enjoyed the shuttle ride as much as anything else we did that weekend.
The hotel is good with all you need for group or family trip. I would not book this for couples get away. You would be disappointed. B'fast is ok. The servers seems to work fast to clean up so table can turn over quickly, but it was just so busy it felt like a cattle rush.
For dining we went into town each day so can't speak to the restaurant on premise. The pool was sine too. The first day the towels took forever to come. And when they did, the staff just put them behind a column so it took awhile before any of us realized they were there. That was bad customer service.
Other than that, it was a fine visit. We noticed only families and people on family reunions there. I think it's great for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial Williamsburg Hotel, the Woodlands Hotel & Suites is located adjacent to the historic area and set amid landscaped grounds in a tranquil, park-like environment. The Visitors Center is short walk away and offers complimentary shuttle service around Colonial Williamsburg, tickets to programming and events, costume rental, multiple gift shops, and a cafe serving sandwiches, soups, snacks, and beverages. Hotel amenities include free Wi-Fi, a business center, fitness center, complimentary full breakfast, an outdoor heated family-style pool, free mini-golf, and a variety of summer family activities and games. The newest addition is a pirate ship themed Splash Pad complete with water cannons, double bucket water dump, ground sprays, a mini slide, and a wading pool for our youngest guests. Huzzah! BBQ Grille, a family-friendly, full-service restaurant is just steps away and is open 5pm - 9:30pm daily. (Tip: be sure to try the slow-cooked BBQ and let the kids make their own pizza!) Travel info: easy access to I-64; 20 minutes to Williamsburg/Newport News International airport; 5-6 minutes to Amtrak train station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Hotel And Suites - Colonial Williamsburg
- Woodlands Hotel Colonial Williamsburg