“We were impressed and liked it a lot! We'd go...”
other travellers have booked this property
The Historic Powhatan Resort Grounds
The Historic Powhatan Resort Dining Area The Historic Powhatan Resort Master Bedroom
Check Availability
The Historic Powhatan Resort Exterior Second View
The Historic Powhatan Resort Horse Stroll
The Historic Powhatan Resort Craftsman
The Historic Powhatan Resort Store
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
lisarK452...
New Jersey
“VacayHome Connect is horrible. Resort is old. Needs updating.”
Reviewed August 23, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

VacayHome Connect did not communicate with me prior to my booking. Most places send out an email prior about the upcoming stay but nothing. When I got to Powhatan Resort, they could not find my reservation which delayed me getting settled in after a very long drive. They finally found it under my email and the name VacayHome Connect had it under NA!!! Really!!! When I sent out an email to them to let them know what happened during check in time, they never responded. If I ever stay again, I will book directly from the resort.
Now lets get to the the upstairs condo... It is outdated. Very loud AC when running. Horrible TV service on TV's that are not Samsungs. Most channels were out or breaking up all week. No TV in the master bedroom only in the 2nd bedroom. Very uncomfortable sofa to sit on in the living room. The beds were ok. The kitchen and bathrooms were ok. Rugs are old and look dirty. Walls too! This is average place.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 Sep 2018
Hello Lisa -

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our property. We are are sorry we disappointed you. We are also saddened and surprised that you did not mention anything to any of our staff regarding any issues while you were in house. We would have loved to have addressed and corrected any concerns you had immediately had we been given the opportunity.

We take our guest's feedback very seriously and use them as a way to improve our service. As such we will have the TV's checked and pest control address the pests. In researching your assertion regarding the emails to us we did reply to all of them. They may have been caught in a filter or marked as spam.

We hope you give us the opportunity to host you again next time you are in town

Sandi - VacayHome Connect Reservations Team
bevw19642...
New Castle, Delaware
“Condo Average”
Reviewed June 6, 2018 for a stay in May 2018
people found this review helpful

The condo was ok a little outdated not what I expected as the pictures looked different online. I can say the ghost tour was a lot of fun and the recreation staff were great.

Carolyn10...
Devon, Pennsylvania
“We were impressed and liked it a lot! We'd go back.”
Reviewed April 4, 2018 for a stay in March 2018
people found this review helpful

First off, we thought the price was great & we were so happy to find a place with enough space & activities for our family of 5. It's close to Busch Gardens, which is why we went, and also Williamsburg & Jamestown. The unit itself was clean & updated. Everything was there that we needed~ towels, full kitchen, pool towels at the pool, etc. We did bring lots of food (& wine) as we didn't know where the stores were. The activities center is in the middle of the property & that's where the pool, activity room (they have daily events), general store, coffee shop & mini-golf were. The people working there were very kind and helpful when you are new to the place. The indoor pool was packed with kids! We could only stay about 45 min. b/c the older kids were jumping (we have a non-swimmer) & the ventilation was not so good so very "chloriney". There is no lifeguard. The restaurant was pretty good for dinner but even better for breakfast. Everything was clean & we liked the property as a whole. They do try to push the "time share" thing a little which we did not expect. I politely declined & we didn't do it. It's not worth losing 2 hrs. minimum of my day without my kids on a family vacation. If you don't want to do it, just be firm, as they say they "don't pressure" anyone. That was the only draw back. We would go back & I would recommend it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing