“Nice Stay, No Complaints” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg

Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Baltimore, MD
“Nice Stay, No Complaints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I can be picky when staying at a hotel and will point out every fault where there is one. That said, I really have no complaints about this place. It's not luxurious, but most importantly, it is clean and obviously well-managed, and the staff is friendly. Internet is free, but breakfast is not, although they have free coffee & tea in the morning, as well cookies (I think it was chocolate chips and another kind).

Use of the business center is free, where you can print something out if you have to. I can't remember if they had one or two computers, but I remember being out of luck when I wanted to use it because someone else was using it, so if they had 2 computers, one was broken.

There are restaurants within walking distance, and room service is available from the Seafare restaurant. Our only negative experience was with the restaurant. The fish smelled unfresh, and my husband said it was extremely salty, and part of the order was wrong, so my husband sent it back. I think this restaurant is its own entity, but I put it part of this review since room service is offered in conjunction with this restaurant. It is actual room service, not like delivery packed in to-go containers.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you writing a review about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I visited the Hilton Garden Inn in Williamsburg last week as part of a work trip through Virginia. I was the last person to arrive in the evening and was greeted by name at the front desk, which was a nice touch.

I arrived late and left early so I didn't see much, but the room was very comfortable and the tv was nice. The internet was pretty slow, but this is typical in more and more hotels. Thankfully I didn't have to stay too long!

I had meetings the next day in Williamsburg and found that I was very close to the city center. A great stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you writing a review about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.I am sorry that you experienced a slow internet service while staying with us. I will be looking into that matter.It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

No complaints here. It's what you would expect from a Hilton...clean, well-priced for the amenities received. It's located off Richmond Road, which has everything you'd ever want to eat and is close to Colonial Williamsburg, William & Mary College and shopping.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My daughter and I shared a room as she had a soccer tournament in Williamsburg. The room was basic but neat and had what we needed and the complimentary internet service worked great. Had a great night's rest.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Rockville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I could only spend one night here as they were totally booked the next night, but it did give me a good chance to compare with another property well down the TripAdvisor rankings. The Hilton name shows. Quality and very comfortable furnishings, bedding, and linens in a good sized well-cleaned room. My room was facing away from the road and was very quiet.

Because of diet concerns, I couldn't grab a cookie from the enticing pile in the lobby, nor could I really take advantage of all of the features of the hot breakfast buffet. The buffet is a good value at only $8.95, that includes made to order eggs, breakfast meats, etc. Instead, I had just oatmeal, a bagel, some fresh fruit, orange juice and milk. I still expected to pay the full buffet price, but was pleasantly surprised when the itemized bill came for only $3.19! Considering how much superior to some of the free breakfasts offered at other hotels this was, it was a small price to pay for quality.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank thatvideoguy
Thank you writing a review about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to try our cookies in the evening. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Philomont, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Just returned from a one night stay at the Williamsburg HGI on Richmond Road. My son is a W&M student and was ill so this was a last minute trip. No problem getting a room. We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and it is simply the best...always! We previously stayed in many other chain hotels in the area, almost always a disappointment in one way or another (sometimes many ways).

The HGI is a very clean and nice facility, the rooms are clean, updated and the bed excellent. The TV is true HD for those of you who enjoy great visuals. It is very well-located and there is easy parking. The pool and spa area is attractive as well. The front desk staff could not be nicer or more professional. They are a delight from a customer's point of view in a world filled with too many surly folk who appear agitated to have to work, yet alone hold a job. I appreciate the service from the staff very much as it makes the HGI the awesome place it is.

The morning breakfast is $8.99 I believe if not included in your B&B package. Great made to order eggs, omelets, waffles and pancakes. This is a REAL breakfast with sausage, bacon, fruit, grits, fired potatoes, etc, not the horrid tripe that passes for a free breakfast at the other joints. A great way to start your day in Williamsburg! So this our favorite hotel in Williamsburg. No higher accolades can I give, you will not be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank FarKnight
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I hope that your son is feeling better. I am glad to hear that you enjoystaying with us and appreciate your loyalty. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I figured that i would write a review since i used them when finding my hotel. They come in pretty handy when trying to find a good hotel. You never really know from pics. This hotel is great! It has a wonderful pool and the hotel seems like they keep things new and updated. The carpet looked new, linens were clean and crisp, and the bathroom was pretty impeccable. The service at the front desk was amazing. Always cheerful, very helpful and a real pleasure to deal with. They have an awesome breakfast in the morning that we got the bed and breakfast deal when we checked in and it was a great deal for the whole family. Made to order even, delicious omlet was cooked for me! This is very important!!! Hiltons washes all the bedding! Comforters, pillow cases, sham pillow cases, and everything else. When i found that out, my wife said hilton 4 life. She doesn't want to stay anywhere else now. We liked the hotel a lot, i suggest it for family or business. Check at 12:00 was great to. You didn't feel run off. Liked the hotel a bunch! What more can i say!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Bigbigdogg
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our Front Desk staff provided you with excellent customer service. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.