We stayed here for two nights while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. The hotel looked nice and clean and so was our room. I like the high ceilings. They make the room seem larger. We had a room on the first floor near the stairs, and we could hear people arriving back at the hotel and climbing up the stairs in the middle of the night. Also, the garbage truck in the morning was quite loud, but the dumpster was right across from our room. I would ask for a room that's not on the first floor if we visit Williamsburg again. The hotel is very conveniently located by tons of restaurants and tourist spots. We never had to drive more than 5-10 minutes to get somewhere.
The front desk staff were nice but not very helpful. The first night, we asked for a recommendation for a good seafood restaurant in town, and they referred us to the hotel-owned seafood restaurant right our front (no thanks). The second day, we realized that one of the tires on our car was losing air and needed a patch or a plug. They referred us to the Goodyear store down the street (which had terrible reviews online) and to a Toyota dealership (for my Nissan?). Walking back to our room, I saw one of the hotel's maintenance guys and asked him if he could recommend a service station in town. He gave my husband directions to a great service station about 3 miles away. We were very appreciative of that reference knowing that we had an 800 mile drive back home.
The pool was a little small but nice. There was usually about 6-10 kids in it at any given time, but that didn't bother my kids.
The wi-fi was pretty fast. I would stay here again, and I would recommend it to friends (and tell them to ask for a room on the second floor or higher).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy our convenient location in the heart of Williamsburg's restaurant and entertainment district at the Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, VA hotel. All the attractions of Colonial Williamsburg are located just minutes away. Our hotel also boasts proximity to Jamestown, Yorktown, Busch Gardens Europe and Water Country USA. Find everything you need for work and relaxation in this Williamsburg, VA hotel. Benefit from complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel. With a complimentary 24-hour business center and meeting space for up to 125 people, the Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg hotel is the stand-out choice for meetings and events in Williamsburg. Take advantage of our 24-hour fitness center, Pavilion Pantry(R) convenience store and indoor pool. Guest rooms feature all you need for work and relaxation with the latest technology and comforting amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Williamsburg