I'll start off by saying that I booked a week in advance, used my credit card to secure my room, and chose the breakfast-inclusive package. I know this because we were planning to go to Busch Gardens and it was Easter Sunday so I knew restaurants would be crazy busy and I wanted the easiest option. When we got there I was told I hadn't picked that option and informed that the rate I booked at home was not going to be the same by the time I checked in unless I prepay. What? I have booked A LOT of hotels online and have never been told that I could expect a different rate from booking to check in. I am 100% positive that I chose the "special deal" which was breakfast for 4 but the desk clerk I spoke to insisted this was not the case. Eventually I spoke to a different clerk who gave me the voucher (honestly, I didn't care that much but the rate conversation had me irritated) and apologized. I realize I don't work in hospitality but I'm pretty sure if a customer came to me with an issue like this I would just apologize for the mistake and fork over the stupid vouchers. Instead she dug in and that just set the tone for the rest of our stay.
Onto the room... The beds were pretty bad. I know the hotel has Sleep Number beds but I didn't request that and our mattresses were pretty sunken and lousy. The pillows were good, I will say that. The room was obviously decorated in the late 80's and never updated, the ceilings were low and the room was muggy. I can't stand a muggy hotel room. I can see by other reviews that people had entirely different experiences so it's possible that room 314 is just lousy. We were there for 2 nights and our room was only turned once.
The toilet ran on and off the entire weekend. There were hairs in the shower and oddly the shower curtain just barely cleared the top of the tub so water just sprayed everywhere. The products provided were decent.
The room does have a microwave but no table so you could nuke something but you'd have no where to eat it.
There is a nice little indoor pool that the kids enjoyed, a hot tub, and a decent little work out room. There's also a kid who works nights at the desk, Austin, who was super courteous and helpful and eventually solved my stupid voucher issue.
For the rate we ended up paying I have stayed at MUCH nicer hotels and I will choose differently next trip to Williamsburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy our convenient location in the heart of Williamsburg's restaurant and entertainment district at the Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, VA hotel. All the attractions of Colonial Williamsburg are located just minutes away. Our hotel also boasts proximity to Jamestown, Yorktown, Busch Gardens Europe and Water Country USA. Find everything you need for work and relaxation in this Williamsburg, VA hotel. Benefit from complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel. With a complimentary 24-hour business center and meeting space for up to 125 people, the Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg hotel is the stand-out choice for meetings and events in Williamsburg. Take advantage of our 24-hour fitness center, Pavilion Pantry(R) convenience store and indoor pool. Guest rooms feature all you need for work and relaxation with the latest technology and comforting amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Williamsburg